Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The One-Two Punch

The eons are closing
    ^^ I completely understand what you're saying here. Just happen to also believe that the 1-2 punch of Document/Green is a better duo. I would skip OoT and pair Green / Automatic... But thems not the rules.

To these ears its analagous to War/Unforgettable Fire. The albums just before the mass cultural success are the ones to have.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Love It To Death/Killer
    Who's Next/Quadrophenia
    Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street
    Vol. IV/Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    Shine On Brightly/A Salty Dog
    Morrison Hotel/L.A. Woman
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    ^^ I completely understand what you're saying here. Just happen to also believe that the 1-2 punch of Document/Green is a better duo. I would skip OoT and pair Green / Automatic... But thems not the rules.

To these ears its analagous to War/Unforgettable Fire. The albums just before the mass cultural success are the ones to have.
    Well, to each their own. Often people will cite "the radio song" or "shiny happy people" as the songs that bring down OoT and I can understand that(even though I don't really mind them personally)but for me it has some of their most progressive and experimental material.

For U2(another band I am a pretty big fan of and will be seeing this summer)I am tempted to say Joshua Tree and Ach tung Baby but rattle and hum is in the way. I don't know war so I will say maybe Unforgettable fire and Joshua Tree. Do you have any picks for Midnight Oil? That question is open to anyone of course.

^ For the Oils my pick is 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1/Red Sails In The Sunset
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff O'Donoghue View Post
    ^ For the Oils my pick is 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1/Red Sails In The Sunset
    Absolutely!

The second one-two from Yes: Drama/90125

The second one-two from Rush: Permanent Waves/Moving Pictures

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Signals/Grace Under Pressure