Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: King Crimson 2017 U.S.A. tour

King Crimson 2017 U.S.A. tour

https://www.dgmlive.com/diaries/Robe...ry_2017_Jan_01

*** King Crimson’s 2017 touring will be mostly in the US, beginning in Seattle and down the West Coast during early June to July; continuing to the East Coast in the Autumn.***
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I'll be curious to see if Connecticut is included. 2003 was the last KC visit here, as I recall.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Saw this the other day.....looks as though it's two legs this go around which is delightful given the initial info was just June and July....cool to see they'll be out west at that time and heading east in autumn.

Will undoubtedly go to the Chicago show(s), just a matter of seeing which leg they are on! Will be curious to see what new old tunes pop in and if bill Rieflin is back for this wave! In any event....should be fun fun fun and glad to see them back at it again.

Excellent news for me. Was at the 2014 Orpheum show in L.A. which was great, but since hearing Live in Toronto 2015 and hearing tracks from the 2016 European tour, my mouth is watering for more. It seems this new Krim is getting better as time moves forward, and the seven-headed beast more ominous. Can't wait!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

The band is obviously on a roll and in good form and spirit. I, on the other hand seem to have a bad case of Toomuchofagoodthingatism. Will hide all my cds from myself until Seattle.
    Still alive and well...

the Orchestra of Crafty Guitarists came to Minnesota in June, why wouldn't he return with King Crimson?

I hope they come to CLeveland this time. IN 2014, I had to go to Albany, which wasn't too bad (apart from the fact that the train took so long to get there, I had no time to even try to sell the extra tickets I had).

The Band will be touring with 4 drummers....lol

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I was kidding when I suggested on PE that Stacey should be retained if/when Rieflin returned.

Hell, let's bring back Belew, Charig and Tippett, and add Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I was kidding when I suggested on PE that Stacey should be retained if/when Rieflin returned.

He is being retained!!!

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    He is being retained!!!
    That's what prompted my post.

The Band will be touring with 4 drummers....lol
    If true that would be quite funny.....an 8 headed beast! That said, this is the first I've heard of any suggestion of 4 drummers...had not seen anything from any of the guys or anyone close to them implying that as of yet...

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I will certainly go if they pas anywhere near enough
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

It's on fripps blog - it's officially the double quartet as he's calling it. 4 drummers of which it sounds like Bill and Jeremy will both play keys. We've reached peak insanity boys and girls.....hahahah if you live in America you have to see this if only for the sheer absurdity of it all...

No clue how they'll pull it off without obliterating your ears with drums, but we shall see....makes me even more excited to see them live this year. Guess they all liked Jeremy so much they just decided to go on ahead and retain him into 2017....should be a wild ride and a live sound mixers worst nightmare!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    They should add an orchestra.

"Existing repertoire will be re-calibrated for the about-to-be-becoming King Crimson Double Quartet Formation. King Crimson is the first group of which Jeremy has been a full-member. Jeremy became a full-contributor to the Seven-Headed Beast during the 2017 EuroTour, a remarkable achievement for Jezza to adopt the entire repertoire on both drums and keyboards. Bill is presently returning from his Sabbatical, and now The Beast has Eight Heads.

"Jeremy and Bill are both multi-instrumental, so King Crimson is likely to be making a lot more noise than before. Even."

https://www.dgmlive.com/diaries/Robe...ry_2017_Jan_03

There you go.

I'll be taking an extended west coast vacation to check out this show. Just waiting for location and dates to make the vacation happen.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The eons are closing
    Woah
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Brilliant idea! That would help with the ole picture taking issue as there wouldn't be room for an audience.

Can't wait for this epic display. Will try to catch shows on the other coast as well as multiple nights here.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    They are an orchestra.

He is being retained!!!
    Betcha on a baby grand. A big-ass piano would be a nice touch.
    Still alive and well...

Well those that know me expect my rant to be MORE MELLOTRON I can never get enough!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

4 drummers. I think Fripp has a problem. Someone should stage an intervention.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I'm in.

I'm holding out until they add a 5th drummer

aww...who am i kidding...announce dates for The Egg and i'm there

Kinda interested to see if they play mostly that same venues as the '14 tour.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk