Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stairway to Heaven-best version ever!

Stairway to Heaven-best version ever!

Has Robert Plant in tears! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2O3OAQjng

i love Heart and yes that's a great version of STH.... but it's edited!

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

I liked the Far Corporation rendition, basically turning it into a glam metal power ballad.

“Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

Love the RyG version:

"And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Re: Frank Zappa's cover. It sounds to me like it's begrudgingly performed. I think the first part is weak, and the fast pace of the last part strikes me as, "Let's get this thing over with." But Frank must've liked it for it to have made the cut.

I'm sure by morning we'll be treated to videos of East European covers of Stairway that will delight and amaze us.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I'm sure by morning we'll be treated to videos of East European covers of Stairway that will delight and amaze us.
    Emphasis on "videos" plural.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    You mean when he's finished seething that he didn't start this thread.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

In groups of three.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I liked the Far Corporation rendition, basically turning it into a glam metal power ballad.
    I always liked that one, too. Can't imagine that it would be too popular here, but it's interesting.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Can't wait to scroll right past them!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Isn't there a reggae version somewhere ?

The Zappa version starts out reggae-ish, but there's this:

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Isn't there a reggae version somewhere ?
    The Elvis/Marley version:

One of my personal favorites.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by señormoment View Post
    Re: Frank Zappa's cover. It sounds to me like it's begrudgingly performed. I think the first part is weak, and the fast pace of the last part strikes me as, "Let's get this thing over with." But Frank must've liked it for it to have made the cut.
    I thought the best thing about it was the horn section playing the original guitar solo. I remember Mike Keneally telling of how that came to be.

Amazing how the lyrics of the Gilligan's Island theme fit so perfectly into this song...

Little Roger And The Goosebumps Stairway To Gilligan's Island

Quote Originally Posted by Taped Rugs View Post
    Amazing how the lyrics of the Gilligan's Island theme fit so perfectly into this song...

Little Roger And The Goosebumps Stairway To Gilligan's Island
    I used to have that on an old vinyl Zeppelin boot.

If I never hear Stairway again it'll be too soon.

^
    The lyrics are dribling sentimental, the score i brillant and so is the execution, especially the guitar solo at the end, but it is so overplayed !

Somewhere I have the Stairways to Heaven CD that was released back in the '80s I believe.. from a novelty stand point it's pretty cool..

Not the best ever, but the jazzy version by Tiny Tim and Brave Combo is fun.

Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.