Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: YES finally inducted into R&R HOF

YES finally inducted into R&R HOF

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Yeah, but can you say "anticlimactic"?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

So, what members are going or not going? What will they play or will they play at all?
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

The Union line up, according to Yes World.

Geoff Downes should have been included, and I'd say Trevor Horn as well.

NOTE-

Readers can now argue about what lineup plays instead of "will they ever get in" now.

Kudos to Yes. About friggin' time!

Steve Howe and Jon Anderson refuse to play on the same stage together, so they are out.

Bill Bruford says "I no longer play that stuff" and Alan White will pull a shoulder muscle in April, so they are out.

Rick Wakeman who left ARW in March to rejoin Yes quits Yes later in the month "to pursue my solo interests."

So that leaves just Trevor Rabin and Tony Kaye on stage playing an extended version of "Owner" -- and the crowd goes wild!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    No Jobson, no jkl2000!

Bravo! Doesn't really matter to me which members of the band show up for the honor (or who plays on the stage), Yes is finally in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame! Now we can push to get King Crimson in the Hall next year.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Actually, no Benoit David, no jkl2000 too!

The induction ceremony is going to make the band face the fact that they abandoned Jon Anderson when he was ill, and didn't let him rejoin the band when he had healed.
    Even though I like Jon Davison.

Will Mike Huckabee be included?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

(No other words matter right now.)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Yeah, but can you say "anticlimactic"?
    Haha, no, but I can say "I don't really care one way, or the other". Happy for those that think it means something, I guess.

neil

Before his passing, Chris Squire had a thought….

INTERVIEWER: If you get in (the Rock Hall), who would you want to do the speech?

CHRIS: "I haven’t given it much thought, maybe those Rush guys who got in last year! I’m pretty good friends with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins (of the Foo Fighters) and they did a great speech for Rush… so probably not them, since they just did one. But if you know Geddy (Lee), let him know that that would be fine by me. I don’t know how these things work, though, I don’t know how much control we have…"

link

Ged needs to induct Yes at the ceremony AND play bass with the band since Chris is no longer with us and current bassist BS was not inducted. How can we make this happen??!!

Ah, that sucks.

Oh well.

R&R HOF has no significance what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    The Union line up, according to Yes World.

Geoff Downes should have been included, and I'd say Trevor Horn as well.
    So, basically, the current lineup of Yes (minus Howe/White, plus Schellen) could act as a cover band for the actual Yes at the Rock Hall, if the actual band is unable to perform.

Since the current lineup of Yes is just a covers band anyway, this totally works.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Steve Howe and Jon Anderson refuse to play on the same stage together, so they are out.

Bill Bruford says "I no longer play that stuff" and Alan White will pull a shoulder muscle in April, so they are out.

Rick Wakeman who left ARW in March to rejoin Yes quits Yes later in the month "to pursue my solo interests."

So that leaves just Trevor Rabin and Tony Kaye on stage playing an extended version of "Owner" -- and the crowd goes wild!
    LOL---very close to the truth.
    Genesis didn't perform and Yes doesn't need to either---Foo Fighters played Watcher if I remember correctly.
    Probably get some big band who loves Yes to play Roundabout and OOALH.

Death always works getting into these things. RIP Chris---the only one who seemed to want to get in ---is gone.

Thank God for that, can we give all RRHOF threads a rest now please

Well, it's about time.

From me on facebook:

After three tries Yes are finally inducted into the R&RHOF. I guess there are some "good people" who do the voting after all.

Although my g.a.s. factor is way low for this place, I must say I'm glad our little corner of the world is getting at least some recognition, albeit posthumously. I don't think Yes should play anything there, though. If Jon and Steve can't reconcile, then just leave it alone.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    R&R HOF has no significance what so ever.
    Even after this news I still really can't argue with that. It will be interesting to see if more prog bands get nominated(I won't even say inducted)in the future. It's just as weird to me that the Moody Blues and Jethro Tull haven't even been nominated yet not to mention several others.

Should have happened years ago and whilst Chris Squire was still here, but I'm very pleased that they have received the acknowledgement nevertheless- I had a feeling this would be their year. Congratulations to them.

I just hope the induction/performance isn't a Hollies-like mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Even after this news I still really can't argue with that. It will be interesting to see if more prog bands get nominated(I won't even say inducted)in the future. It's just as weird to me that the Moody Blues and Jethro Tull haven't even been nominated yet not to mention several others.
    Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Thank God for that, can we give all RRHOF threads a rest now please
    ...But Wait!!! What about the Moody Blues?! Much work needs to be done. I demand a huge thread for them. Now is the time to start for 2018!