Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you miss the old PE?

Miss The old PE ? What old PE ? If change weeds out some of the #@&^ heads here, change it annually !!
    This site just keeps getting better !! (Private groups shouldn't be allowed IMHO. If you fear someone reading your post, maybe you shouldn't be posting it.) Could use a couple more emoticons. But that's not a complaint.

No, not even a little.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

"Do you miss the old PE?"

Was there an old PE?

I've been behind this new message board from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    Private groups shouldn't be allowed IMHO. If you fear someone reading your post, maybe you shouldn't be posting it.
    It has nothing to do with fear and everything to do with the option of having off-topic discussions with like-minded individuals.

Sheesh!

It's only a progressive rock forum, get a life!

I miss Nestor. Everyone hates him, but that's how it goes. I like the people that everyone hates .

Although I miss the simplicity of the old site (or was it merely a comfortable, easy browsing site), the new, more complex, and infinitely larger site is far superior.
    Yeah, I miss my quick daily two minute browse to see what changed (for a month, I was here for an hour or more, reading things that I realized, after a reading a few posts, were not for me).. it often seemed like someone said, 800 channels and nothing on!
    Now, I merely check my subscribed threads (those which initially interested me), check the "todays posts" (while in "quick links" anyway).. which is how I saw THIS thread... then I move on... to non PE stuff and other sites.
    IMO, The PASSION has been diluted due to so many different forums,... but we're still here anyway.
    I do miss the colors, the spinning globe, and the old screen names... but otherwise, this place is great!
    BTW..
    Is there ANY way everyone can get NON pixelated avatars yet? THAT is still a big disappointment from an otherwise superior technology.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    A new Beatles thread might just change that, if he's lurking.

Speaking of the Beatles, whatever happened to Bungalow Bill? Does anyone know if he made the leap over here?
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Jefferson James
    I like this place just fine, I have no issues with the format, the options, "changing", upgrading, whatever. This place is still my favorite place to spend time online and Sean and Duncan are to be applauded. I can shamelessly promote my bands on more forums here!

That said, I did like the old PE, it was a lot simpler -- basically two pages, on and off topic. There seemed to be a lot more give and take, and the simplicity seemed to engender a higher level of participation. Just because something is new doesn't necessarily mean it's better -- I mean, look at Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I miss Nestor. Everyone hates him, but that's how it goes. I like the people that everyone hates .
    I miss hating him.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I prefer to old PE but perfectly understand this is a more stable system. PM's are really difficult here as you don't get a notice when someone posts. I know Duncan made an enormous and free contribution setting up this system and I'm very appreciative. There are also advantages of the new PE. Moving birthdays to a far out forum people hardly check is likely a very good thing. I wish you could do partial quotes but the thread features are generally a lot easier. I spend about the same amount of time (a lot) with the new PE.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    PM's are really difficult here as you don't get a notice when someone posts.
    That's weird. I've always gotten a notification right away when I get a new PM.

Yeah, me too.

I even get an e-mail.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Greg - same as Scott & moe here as well.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    That's weird. I've always gotten a notification right away when I get a new PM.
    yea, i get like a "Pop-up" telling me i got a new private mail. At first, it was almost startaling.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Hmm...not sure what I can possibly be missing.

Spending a lot less time on the site, but not sure if that is related to layout. Probably not.

V3 is easy for me to navigate (I've been a member of other vBulletin boards, so I'm used to the format), but there is a more vast feel here than in v2. In the old version, it felt like people and conversations were closer and easier to get to. Just the nature of that particular format, I think. Tighter, more condensed.

My hat's off to Sean and Duncan for carrying PE forward - no matter what the place looks like, I'll always appreciate that. It's a good vibe here.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    . I wish you could do partial quotes.
    It's still possible, but with additional clicks (yes Grrrrrrruno )... this involves opening and closing reply windows, inserting extra quote (button above, copy pasting, etc...

in someways, it's more sophistacated and modular, but certainly less-user-friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Originally Posted by Digital_Man
    How exactly did this go down? Does he not know about the new PE or was he banned?
    Nope. He's just not interested.

Oh well...
    Yup... and of all people, he's one I wouldn't have expected it from

And I diod like him, precisely because he ruffled some feathers

Haven't seen Nasser around much, though...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

we are very miss it.it is the remarkable.

wigs for women

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    It has nothing to do with fear and everything to do with the option of having off-topic discussions with like-minded individuals.

Sheesh!
    And you need to hide in a private thread or blocked group to do that because.....

Um....what? ^^
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Everyone hates him.
    Only his guts.

Actually, he's an interesting character. Yes, he's abrasive and rubs me the wrong way when he shits all over my favorite band. On the other hand, I am pretty much aligned with him politically. So, I cut him some slack. Not much, but some.

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    And you need to hide in a private thread or blocked group to do that because.....
    Seriously? Are you that ignorant or just paranoid? Are you jealous that nobody has allowed you into their club? Maybe we're all talking about you behind your back.

See how stupid it looks when people jump to conclusions?

I like Nestor. I didn't always agree with him, but he added spice to the stew. I always thought that those who hated him were thin-skinned, and the ignore function is always a viable option if you choose.