Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All My Christmas music

All My Christmas music

Hey all...I don't know about everyone else, but I like to spend the weeks leading up to Christmas listening to a lot of Christmas music. But it's nice to have some new songs or different arrangements each year to add some variety. So I thought I'd take one last opportunity to share all the Christmas music that I've been a part of releasing over the past few years. So here goes:

My duo From the Morning recently released this version of the old folk song "Christ Child's Lullaby," and it's available for FREE at my bandcamp page:
    https://kevinjarvis.bandcamp.com/

The same duo also released a version of "O Holy Night" last year, and it is also available at the Bandcamp page, as well as through CDBaby:
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/fromthemorning2

A couple of years ago I did an album of instrumental, acoustic guitar duo Christmas carols with guitarist Sam Sanders. It's called STRINGS OF LIGHT and it's available through CDBaby as well:
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/samsandersandkevinjarvis

And finally, an instrumental holiday song that I wrote and performed a few years ago called "Hunter's Guitar." In retrospect, it's kind of my weak attempt to channel Mike Oldfield. Available at the Bandcamp page as well as CDBaby:
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kevinjarvis2

Many, many thanks in advance to any who listen, purchase, or comment, and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

annarichart
    I love the first song "Christ Child's Lullaby"
    My mommy used to sing it to me when I was a small kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Nice stuff again Kevin.
    Thanks so much, Renate!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Quote Originally Posted by annarichart View Post
    I love the first song "Christ Child's Lullaby"
    My mommy used to sing it to me when I was a small kid.
    Thank you! Did you download it? It's free!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Hi, Kevin. All good stuff! I especially like "Hunter's Guitar."

Merry Christmas to you and Sumer.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Even the Hannukah side of the aisle appreciates good music, Kev!

Merry Christmas!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Thanks so much guys!
    And thanks to everyone who listened and downloaded!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

braveluke
    I've always listened to "Christ Child's Lullaby" on each Christmas night.
    My favorite christmas songs. Waiting for 2018 Christmas to play! xD

The latest addition...a new Christmas single by my duo, FROM THE MORNING.

It's also available for a limited time as a FREE Download at www.kevinjarvis.bandcamp.com

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Nice song.
    Thanks Renate. You always have encouraging things to say.

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

A couple of new additions this year, "Silent Night" by my trio Mercy's Hand, and "The First Noel" by my duo From the Morning.

This one starts off traditional but takes a little twist after the first verse...

This one's very stripped down, as I didn't want anything to overshadow that beautiful voice...

For anyone who may be interested, pretty much everything in this thread is available either via Amazon, CDBaby, or through my bandcamp page: www.kevinjarvis.bandcamp.com

Thanks to all for reading or listening, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Both sound really good, Kevin. Yes, the voice on The First Noel is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Both sound really good, Kevin. Yes, the voice on The First Noel is beautiful.
    Thanks so much, Jed!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

A couple more additions this year...One from my new duo with Farpoint's Jennifer Weich, and one from my old (but still current) duo, From the Morning, with AshLee Holloman:

Both are also available, along with a bunch of other cool stuff , at my Bandcamp page, in case anyone's interested:

All of the Christmas music is currently at the top of the page, but there's a good bit of other stuff there as well.

Heartfelt thanks to any and all who check them out, listen, like, share, or download!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Another addition for this Christmas:

https://kevinjarvis.bandcamp.com/tra...-heard-on-high

For anyone interested, this one also features my Farpoint bandmate Jennifer (Meeks) Weich on lead vocals and piano.
    Last edited by Farpoint Kevin; 11-21-2021 at 07:47 AM.

I see this post updated every year, and every year I want to add these tracks to my collection. But something always gets in the way - so little time this time of year, etc.

Well, that changes this year. Thank you for posting here again, Kevin. I'll be making some purchases later today.

And have a great holiday.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Farpoint Kevin View Post
    Another addition for this Christmas:

https://kevinjarvis.bandcamp.com/tra...-heard-on-high
    Another nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I see this post updated every year, and every year I want to add these tracks to my collection. But something always gets in the way - so little time this time of year, etc.

Well, that changes this year. Thank you for posting here again, Kevin. I'll be making some purchases later today.

And have a great holiday.
    Thank you SO MUCH! And I hope you have a great holiday as well!
    I should add that most of the links above are no longer valid, as CDBaby closed their store a couple of years ago. But pretty much everything I've released is available via iTunes, Amazon, or, more importantly, Bandcamp:

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Another nice one.
    Thank you Renate, as always!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

One further addendum: Last year apparently I forgot to update this link, but I compiled all of the single songs released by my duo From the Morning, along with a couple more carols and 2 original Christmas songs, onto a single album called NOEL. It's available at all the normal outlets including the Bandcamp link I posted above. These songs feature the outstanding vocal talents of AshLee Holloman, along with a few guest appearances by Farpoint's drummer Rick Walker, rounded out by my humble efforts on guitar, bass, vocals, and a touch of keys here and there. Thanks again all!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Hi Kevin, I purchased the download of "Noel" from Bandcamp yesterday, so I hope you get all the money for that (I think that's how bandcamp friday works)

Sounds great so far!

Cheers!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Baird View Post
    Hi Kevin, I purchased the download of "Noel" from Bandcamp yesterday, so I hope you get all the money for that (I think that's how bandcamp friday works)

Sounds great so far!

Cheers!

Ken
    Ken, thank you so much! I appreciate it more than words can say, and I hope you enjoy the music! And let me know what you think of the music. I would be interested to hear the thoughts of such an accomplished musician and writer as yourself.
    And yes, that's pretty much how it works...Paypal still takes their little share, but BandCamp doesn't take theirs, so most of it does indeed go to the artist. Anyway, many thanks and all the best to you and yours this holiday season!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net