Thread: Thank You Scientist in Los Angeles, worth seeing live

Thank You Scientist in Los Angeles, worth seeing live

Thank You Scientist are playing the Echoplex in Los Angeles, on Jan 19th. Are they worth seeing? Who are they like? I know they played Rosfest, was it a good show?
    They are the opening act for a group called Consider the Source, don't know them.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Saw them on CTTE 2015 - IMO they are very worth seeing live. There's a hilarious element to their live show that you don't get when listening to the albums. The vocalist is quite a cut-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfink View Post
    Thank You Scientist are playing the Echoplex in Los Angeles, on Jan 19th. Are they worth seeing? Who are they like? I know they played Rosfest, was it a good show?
    They are the opening act for a group called Consider the Source, don't know them.
    Great live band...guitarist is excellent. Sal (the vocalist) is quite entertaining. As for who they are like...they are like Thank You Scientist. Easy enough to dig up stuff (live or otherwise) on youtube and decide what you think of them.

BTW, Consider the Source is pretty good too...sort of a world-music-ish prog vibe

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Saw them at NJ Proghouse Homecoming Weekend...high energy, great live band.

Both bands are worth seeing. They both have played ProgDay and they were great live.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

I just posted a review of the Grand Rapids show on this board. Personally I think they are great. Have seen them 4 times now and they never disappoint. Consider The Source is also great. Saw them at ProgDay a few years ago and loved them.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to buy tickets today, and get the new cd. Thanks again.

CTS are an excellent, power trio, heavy fusion/jam band with an especially notable guitarist.

IMO, this is an excellent double bill of modern, progressive (not 'prog') music. Hope you enjoy it.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.