Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Camel - Ichigo Ichie - Live in Japan 2016" - New DVD in January 2017!

First of all, this new Camel DVD is easily their best yet. Great performance, light and sound. The song selection is great too. Recomended!!

I'm also a Big Rajaz fan and I would've loved them doing more stuff from their Camel Productions-era. Let's see.. They have been playing Three Wishes, Sahara, Rajaz, Lawrence (way too seldom) and finally Lost and Found on the first couple of shows in 2015. Would also love to hear more songs from A Nod and A Wink being played live, not just Fox Hill. But I feel so blessed to have Andy Latimer back and in form so I just couldn't complain about anything really.

"But I feel so blessed to have Andy Latimer back and in form so I just couldn't complain about anything really. "

This^^^ Tenfold!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    "But I feel so blessed to have Andy Latimer back and in form so I just couldn't complain about anything really. "

This^^^ Tenfold!
    Me too! Just glad he's ok really.

Still good to discuss set lists, keyboard players etc. though. I think it's very hard to pick the best / favourite DVD. If push came to shove though, I'd most likely choose 'Coming of Age'.

Just got done watching. Loved it!!! I would say this is one of the best, if not the best Camel DVD overall for my old-school tastes. Just a great set list throughout for someone like me who is more interested in the 70's material, but enjoys a splash of the later period work as well. I might say they started off a tad slow tempo-ed, but after a few songs really kicked it up a notch really nicely. Peter Jones on keyboards is fantastic, really channeling Pete Bardens by sampling his spacey tones and organ pretty close to the original. Granted not all goopy and analog, but a lot better in tone than others I've heard with Camel, even Tom Brislin.

Interesting the product itself is low-budget. Not even HD, which is pretty funny... but the stereo sounds amazing, and the camera work has old-style editing, so no complaints. I'm just happy to see Camel "bring it" live on DVD, because they don't come to Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    To me, Peter Jones' playing and sound seemed to hark back a bit to the time Mickey Simmonds was playing with Camel.
    Maybe a bit, but not the organ sound. Someone not like Peter Bardens anyway!