Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What new albums are you looking for in the next year?

Steven Wilson (duh)
    Argos
    Tangent
    BBT
    Wobbler

Just read on FB that a new Isuldurs Bane is coming our way!

REALLY curious about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    Todd Rundgren's new one is supposedly a move back to rock after three EDM-focused albums, and is said to involve collaborations with other artists. (Trent Reznor has been mentioned, but nothing confirmed yet.)
    Tracklist. Satriani, Fagen and others... All the collaborations were remote (unfortunately), so I guess a lot will depend on the quality of the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    Tracklist. Satriani, Fagen and others... All the collaborations were remote (unfortunately), so I guess a lot will depend on the quality of the songs.
    Still an impressive guest list. Does Rundgren still live in Hawaii? I guess travel expenses might make the remote collaboration more economical for him (I've no knowledge of his financial situation, of course).

Where do you find this info, Luckie? I've never been able to find a good source for Todd-related news on the net for the last several years. An artist of his stature should have more of a web presence, IMO.

Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Still an impressive guest list. Does Rundgren still live in Hawaii? I guess travel expenses might make the remote collaboration more economical for him (I've no knowledge of his financial situation, of course).

Where do you find this info, Luckie? I've never been able to find a good source for Todd-related news on the net for the last several years. An artist of his stature should have more of a web presence, IMO.

Thanks for posting.
    Got it from the forum at http://trconnection.com - see drop-down menu, but you have to register. It's from promotional material for the Japan CD release in May - there'll be more publicity when the US release is announced shortly. His own website is practically obsolete now, but his Facebook and Twitter are sometimes worth following if you do that sort of thing.
    He lives on Kauai - I think the logistical problems involve few people wanting the expense of flying to his studio on the island, coupled with him touring all over the place for his own shows and with Ringo Starr's band. Like a lot of old rock musicians, he should be retired from full-time touring by now, but there just isn't enough money in selling records these days.

My updated list includes:

Steve Hackett
    Richard Barbieri
    Phil Manzanera / Live At The Curious Festival
    California Guitar Trio / Komorebi
    Immersion / Analogue Creatures (Which I think is out now...)
    Richard Pinhas / Reverse (Which I think is out now...)

Quote Originally Posted by FrippWire View Post
    Richard Barbieri
    California Guitar Trio / Komorebi
    These are out now (actually the CGT album was released last fall). Both are well recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    These are out now (actually the CGT album was released last fall). Both are well recommended.
    Thanks, Spiral! I'll look for those now.

I'm looking forward to finishing Nick Prol's album, which has Dave Newhouse of The Muffins and 2/3rds of Mercury Tree backing on almost EVERY track, plus appearances by Bob Drake, Charlie Cawood of Knifeworld, Dave Willey of Thinking Plague and Hamster Theater, Thymme Jones of Cheer Accident, Moe Staiano of SGM and Surplus 1980, R. Stevie Moore, Rob Crow, Gavin Wallace-Ailsworth of Bent Knee, Matt Lebofsky of Mirthkon and Secret Chiefs 3, and gosh ... about 10 other amazingly talented people who's names escape me currently.

I'm producing the mammoth monstrosity, so I've heard it all a gazillion times and it's wonderful. Think the songwriting of Andy Partridge crossed with Tim Smith crossed with Bob Drake crossed with Brian Wilson.

Oh and Charlie Cawood is also working on a thing featuring an amazing cast of players. Haven't heard it yet, but he says Nick and I are basically the target audience.

And there's the new Jack o the Clock (Repetitions II) and Bent Knee 4.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    And there's the new Jack o the Clock (Repetitions II) and Bent Knee 4.
    Coming already this year? Nice!
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Jefferson James
    I'm hoping to see Heliopolis' sophomore release in 2017 entitled "Roast Beef Sandwich." It's a concept album you can really sink your teeth into.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    I'm hoping to see Heliopolis' sophomore release in 2017 entitled "Roast Beef Sandwich." It's a concept album you can really sink your teeth into.
    Can we get Horsey Sauce with it?

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    Can we get Horsey Sauce with it?
    Heliopolis Horsey Sauce Packets™ are available only to 1st tier contributors; everyone else gets ketchup.

Robert Pollard's 100th album comes out next month!!!

Guided By Voices August By Cake

Their first double album. 32 songs demonstrating the Four P's: Prog, Punk, Pop and Psych.

Always a good time. Fans of Wire, The Who, Cheap Trick and Gabriel era Genesis should like this.
    The Prog Corner

Pretty excited for some new Residents, Bent Knee, and Toby Driver. Other than that, for me at least, there don't seem to be many "big name" releases to get excited about, it might have to be a more exploratory year for me.
    A vie, a mort, et apres...

Spoon
    The Shins

That's about it...
    For that which is not,
    there is no coming into being
    and for that which is,
    there is no ceasing to be;
    yea of both of these the lookers into truth have seen an end.
    Bhagavad Gita

Homunculus Res
    Il Cerchio D'Oro
    Syndone
    Phideaux (maybe?!)
    Il Tempio Della Clessidre

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    Aren't we supposed to be getting a new Albert Marcoeur album soon?
    Day after tomorrow...