Thread: The Fire Note's Prog 2016 Recap

The Fire Note's Prog 2016 Recap

This may be of interest as The Fire Note is not a Prog website per se.

https://thefirenote.com/2016/12/13/p...ear-in-review/
    The Prog Corner

Well, at least he got Knifeworld, Bent Knee and Cirrus Bay in there.

Overall the guy could do with some more reading and listening, though. But then again, who couldn't.

Really, really impressed with the 'internationality' of his scope, kinda. Opeth, huh? Who'd have thought, like.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Well, at least he got Knifeworld, Bent Knee and Cirrus Bay in there.

Overall the guy could do with some more reading and listening, though. But then again, who couldn't.

Really, really impressed with the 'internationality' of his scope, kinda. Opeth, huh? Who'd have thought, like.
    I'm the ultimate "symph weenie" but I'm trying. I really am. And you, Dear Scrotty, have helped expand my horizons over the past couple years...
    The Prog Corner

^That's very nice to hear, man - despite my stingy style of things.

I'm a symph weeny myself, you know. Just happens that I'm so many other (often negative) things as well. A Zeuhl snail. Kraut sausage. RIO pïnacoläda. Canterbury cider. Folk ale. Acid doobie. Industrial burger. And more.

As for the list, it really isn't better or worse than most of its kind found on the web. I may disagree with the order of inclusions etc. (and, obviously, with some inclusions as such), but luckily we've all got our own ears. And anyone featuring Knifeworld in his/her upper echelons of preference gets a positive note and warrants a nod at my quarters.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM