Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Jethro Tull String Quartet album

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    Woo!
    There is the forthcoming remixed and repackaged Songs From The Wood album which the backroom boys at Warner Music Group have been working on. Steven Wilson, once again, is the mastermind, master-ears and master-fingers behind the iMac, running Logic in an array of colorfully-coded tracks and segments. Amazingly, we found some unreleased material and other versions of some material so a veritable bonanza for the Tull-geeks is at hand. Whatever turns you on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Woo!
    Yes - quite happy about that. It shall be mine, all mine.

Rats, I forgot to pre-order this, and now the signed copies are sold out. Not much point in pre-ordering the regular copy.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Not much point in pre-ordering the regular copy.
    I did.

This album dropped today. I mean dripped. No I mean dropped.

Spun this in its entirety yesterday for the first time. My first copy arrived DESTROYED in the mail - actually unplayable - so they sent me a new one.

Its really, really nice. The arrangements are quite good, and it has less of that "freeze-dried" production latter day IA/Tull albums have imo. Its a bit warmer, well, naturally. Ian's voice is what it is....less is more at this point, but they are tolerable and (luckily) not very prevalent. Ian's themes are often quite beautiful, so its a treat to hear them in dressed in different garb.

Glad I bought it, and its a worthy addition to the Tull oeuvre. Ian will always remain one of me favorites - in his prime he was damn near untouchable for that special thing he did.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Spun this in its entirety yesterday for the first time. My first copy arrived DESTROYED in the mail - actually unplayable - so they sent me a new one.

Its really, really nice. The arrangements are quite good, and it has less of that "freeze-dried" production latter day IA/Tull albums have imo. Its a bit warmer, well, naturally. Ian's voice is what it is....less is more at this point, but they are tolerable and (luckily) not very prevalent. Ian's themes are often quite beautiful, so its a treat to hear them in dressed in different garb.

Glad I bought it, and its a worthy addition to the Tull oeuvre. Ian will always remain one of me favorites - in his prime he was damn near untouchable for that special thing he did.
    Freeze Dried is the perfect way to describe the sound of those albums. I might need this one.