2016 has brought some major changes in my life. After 30+ years working as a consultant I have decided to dedicate 100% to music. Those who know my work in Kotebel, know that

a) I have been actively working in the prog scene for over 16 years
b) I cannot make a living out of my activity with Kotebel

hence, I have created a parallel project which is an online magazine called "Phaedrus". This is a subscription based magazine that offers a couple of original features:

Original music, initially only written by me, that will only be available to subscribers. As Phaedrus acquires critical mass, other artists will join. Every 6 months on average, a physical album will be released with the music published in the previous 6 months. This album will be sent to subscribers at no additional cost (not even shipping). This album will not be available for sale anywhere.

In addition to this original music (both digital and physical) called "Phaedrus Music", the magazine offers another novelty: Musical Analysis of Prog Masterpieces. This should not be confused with reviews, I'm talking about detailed analysis but aimed at non musicians. The first classic analyzed is "Close to the Edge". It took 2 programs of almost 40 minutes each to go through the musical and lyrics analysis. Issue # 3 in Phaedrus will present a detailed analysis of "Tarkus". Other works in the pipeline include "Starless", "Passion Play", "Supper's Ready", "Tales from Topographic Oceans", etc.

This type of analysis covers a gap. The work is usually based on academic analysis done by musicologists, but I strip the stuff that is too technical and add other elements that may help the listener to rediscover these classics.

Other sections of the magazine include "Kotebel Corner" with rare material, live streaming of rehearsals (starting in January), etc., "Articles" covering a wide variety of topics, and "Recommendation of the Month" based on a simple principle: if you like my music, you will probably like the music that I like.

Subscription starts at 2.83 euros a month for the semester subscription (+ 21% VAT if you live in the EU). You can also subscribe to the Newsletter which is free and gives access to some selected content. Phaedrus is just starting, only 2 issues have been published, but it is already packed with music and information.

I hope you give it a try. This is what will hopefully cover my domestic expenses ;-)

Here's the address: www.phaedrus.es

Thanks!!