Thread: My recent interview with Steven Wilson

My recent interview with Steven Wilson

Hey all,

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this (although I'm pretty sure it is haha). Let me know what you think. BTW the new album is fantastic.

I'm also interviewing Colin Edwin in about 40 minutes.

http://www.examiner.com/article/stev...redible-career
    Eat your beets! Recycle!

Nice interview -- thanks Jordan!

I read this a bit ago on my phone (SWST fb link) -- great interview -- I can't wait for the album release and tour!!!

Great interview, thanks for that.

I loved his line, "The point is that when you make a record—well, I’ll tell you that one of the great, surreal things about being a musician and an artist who makes records is when you make a record that somebody doesn’t like, they will do their upmost to make you feel like you’ve done something wrong. I’ve done nothing wrong; it just doesn’t appeal to that person."

Anyone still curious on SW's current thoughts on PT should definitely give this a read.

neil

Thanks for the great read! Grace For Drowning blew me away. In fact, I have the day off tomorrow and the house to myself, so I think I'll give it a spin. I'm looking forward to the new album very much.

Agreed. I just spoke with Colin Edwin, too, and he seems rather pessimistic about PT these days. He basically said "nothing to report let's move on."
    Eat your beets! Recycle!

good interview!

I did find it odd, how more or less Steven looks more favorably on the PT I do not.

I.e.,

Stupid Dream over Lightbulb Sun
    In Absentia over Deadwing
    Fear of a Blank Planet over The Incident

I feel the exact opposite about every one of those comparisons.

But, I will give him, The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories) is better or more memorable than his other 2 solo records.
    Last edited by mnprogger; 01-30-2013 at 02:11 AM.