Thread: Christian Simard of Morse Code has passed away

Christian Simard of Morse Code has passed away

One of the greats of Quebec progressive rock has left us, as Christian passed away this morning after a battle with cancer. He joined what was then Morse Code Transmission for their two English language albums in the early 1970s, and then remained with Morse Code for the three progressive rock albums sung in French, "La marche des hommes", "Procréation", and "Je suis le temps", which sold about 100,000 copies combined. He was the band's keyboardist and primary writer. In 1995 he reunited with several members of the group to release "D'un autre monde". More recently there had been plans for him to perform a show featuring Procréation in Quebec City. I wish comfort to his family and friends, and to all those who shared a love for his music.

Sad to hear. He played some good music with them.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

RIP Christian

(always wondered if there was a relation between him and René Simard >> disco boy and target of much ridicule in Ontario)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I just put Morse Code "Procreation" into the CD player with a glass raised high for Christian Simard. One odd thing... 'track genre' comes up as "Traditional".

Bummer, great musician. Did he continue in music after Morse Code or do something else?