Thread: The site should start with 'Progressive Ears Forums' and not with 'Forum'

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

The site should start with 'Progressive Ears Forums' and not with 'Forum'

When you login you first come to 'Forum' and you have three choices. Once you make a choice, the 'tree' jumps ahead two steps to e.g. 'Discuss Site Issues'. Only then you have the possibility to click to the (skipped) previous feature 'Progressive Ears Forums'. Now that page should be the main opening page, and not 'Forum', for it shows all the subforums you can chose from in on one page.

IMO of course

When you are in "Forum" you can click on "Progressive Ears Forums" in the brown bar. (The same text is repeated under the brown bar. Would be more intuitive if that was the link. Why is it there, at all?) That will take you to the page with all subforums.

In "Forum" you can also click on the small blue text in the bottom line(s?) of the text explaining the three "main subforums".

Then you can, of course, bookmark any page you like. I've bookmarked the main board, so I can go directly to the music discussions.

It was so much easier in PE2 with everything in reach from the side bar all the time. Too much clicking here for my tastes, and all those hidden links. And I hate drop down menues! Many of the drop down menues doesn't even work with Safari on my Mac.

Well, I'm trying to get used to this site, but I doubt I will ever like it as much as PE2. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    When you login you first come to 'Forum' and you have three choices. Once you make a choice, the 'tree' jumps ahead two steps to e.g. 'Discuss Site Issues'. Only then you have the possibility to click to the (skipped) previous feature 'Progressive Ears Forums'. Now that page should be the main opening page, and not 'Forum', for it shows all the subforums you can chose from in on one page.

IMO of course
    I agree that this top layer is useless (unless there is something I haven't grasped yet)... but changing your bookmark to the second layer is easily done...

I'm not a fan of these vertical menus which make lateral subforum surfing impossible without a return to the complete forum menu...

Maybe something with bookmarked threads can siolve that...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'm finding myself going to "new posts" more often lately. It's really not that complicated. There was a bit of that "oh oh, what have these guys done to our precious PE" on the first day I joined the new forum, but after 30 minutes of playing ariound with the new PE it was no biggie. Ya just gotta explore the thing and get used to it, and use some of the features.

Agree with Victor. It's just different. You'll get used to it. Hell, people still like Yes and look at all the "perpetual change" they've gone through.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.