Thread: Keith Emerson - A Musical Celebration of His Life

Keith Emerson - A Musical Celebration of His Life

CareAfterCombat.jpg

Birmingham Symphony Hall is set to come alive with music with the announcement of a concert on 28th of July – Keith Emerson, A Musical Celebration of His Life, in aid of Care after Combat, will be an event not to be missed!!! Performances by Rick Wakeman, Thierry Eliez and special guest star Rachel Flowers. Plus performances by the Keith Emerson Tribute Orchestra.

http://www.careaftercombat.org/event...n-of-his-life/
    Last edited by rminsk; 12-06-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Wow! Wish I had the time, the money, etc. to go.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

^^^Ditto that! Sounds like it will be a great show, and with Rachel Flowers there, that's the icing on the cake.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I'll be there. We had been hoping to go to California on vacation next year, possibly catching Rachel Flowers at a gig at the same time. But the plunging value of sterling vs dollar has put paid to that. Rachel's mum must have been listening in on our holiday discussions, and decided to come over here and play for us instead. Nice one Jeanie

Will this also be a tribute to Greg Lake?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Laura

When's tix for sale?

I think 10am UK time 9th December (today).

Quote Originally Posted by Philly112 View Post
    I think 10am UK time 9th December (today).
    Thonks! Purchased!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Thonks! Purchased!
    Yep. Me too!

Marc Bonilla from the Keith Emerson Band has been added to the bill.

Whatever happened to the DVD release of the Marc Bonilla KE tribute? Rachel's performance of the Endless Enigma's Fugue nearly brought the house down. It definitely blew a lot of folks' minds.
    I sure would love to see Rachel and Wakey on stage together. It would be incredible for them to trade off solos on the 3rd Impression of Karn Evil 9.
    Maybe they'll do a video of this concert. I sure hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Whatever happened to the DVD release of the Marc Bonilla KE tribute? Rachel's performance of the Endless Enigma's Fugue nearly brought the house down. It definitely blew a lot of folks' minds.
    I sure would love to see Rachel and Wakey on stage together. It would be incredible for them to trade off solos on the 3rd Impression of Karn Evil 9.
    Maybe they'll do a video of this concert. I sure hope so!
    I'm sure it will be released, hopefully in the not too distant future. Patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that Rachel will be performing Keith's Piano Concerto at the concert. Not sure if that will be a solo recital, or with 'The Keith Emerson Tribute Orchestra' who also appear on the bill. Either will be fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Philly112 View Post
    I read that Rachel will be performing Keith's Piano Concerto at the concert. Not sure if that will be a solo recital, or with 'The Keith Emerson Tribute Orchestra' who also appear on the bill. Either will be fine by me!
    Would love to hear a trade-off between Rick and Rachel. I don't believe Rick has met her. Perhaps I should be saying I don't believe she has met Rick, but I'm certain Rick will be impressed.

That should be a night to remember. I hope they record and release it on video.

Lee Jackson, bassist from The Nice, Jackson Heights, and Refugee, has been added to the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    Lee Jackson, bassist from The Nice, Jackson Heights, and Refugee, has been added to the bill.
    Well that just puts the icing on the cake for me.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a ticket for two months, and have tried to cajole several friends to join me, to no avail. I finally gave in and bought a ticket only two days ago because I so much want to be there. I had been playing The Nice Live At The Fillmore East in the car, and lo, the last surviving member of the trio will be on stage.

If Lee plays, I do so hope the sound engineer lets us hear that distinctive bass sound; when The Nice played their second reunion tour gig at Hammersmith many in the audience had to stand up and shout to the sound desk to let us hear Lee and Blinky. They were being drowned out by Keith and Dave Kilminster.
    She walks like a bearded rainbow.

This "hommage" to Keith by Thierry Eliez & friends is wonderful - I really love how he allows the jazz spirit which had been such an integral part of the Nice, but which became somewhat constrained in ELP, to course through the music:

Nice! Haha Lots of great piano, AND......
    Trilogy is very lovely at 56:40\ Very nice vocals
    Thanks for this one