Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marillion sells out Royal Albert Hall

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The ultra mega BD, DVD, CD etc. sets go on presale soon! A must-have, double-bag item!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Me want. I just bought a live Brave Concert thanks to a link Jed provided last week.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The ultra mega BD, DVD, CD etc. sets go on presale soon! A must-have, double-bag item!

Can't wait!

The show can now be preordered! You know you want the special edition!

http://www.marillion.com/shop/dvd/al...ghtspecial.htm

Last edited by JKL2000; 03-12-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Placed my order for the Blu-ray edition. I don't really need the CDs, I have tons of live Marillion as it is, and quite a few deluxe editions too. Blu-rays will be more than enough for me to enjoy this show and documentary!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Yeah, but that SE with the large book sure looks 'fondle-worthy'....(is that the right expression?)

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Yeah, but that SE with the large book sure looks 'fondle-worthy'....(is that the right expression?)
    I pre-ordered the 2 BD DVD because I'd never play the CDs and the book therefore costs an extra 26 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Yeah, but nothing I haven't seen before really. Between the artbook editions I already have and the campaign edition Marillion sets of Marbles, Happiness, Sounds and FEAR, I've got thousands of pages to fondle.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm as stiff as Geezer watching that show of his on Netflix
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yeah, but nothing I haven't seen before really. Between the artbook editions I already have and the campaign edition Marillion sets of Marbles, Happiness, Sounds and FEAR, I've got thousands of pages to fondle.
    I give all my boxed sets and deluxe editions girl's names.

Surprised that my pre-order already shipped yesterday. I didn't actually order it until last weekend. I just got the standard blu-ray release.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Surprised that my pre-order already shipped yesterday. I didn't actually order it until last weekend. I just got the standard blu-ray release.
    Yes, me too,(well I ordered 2 weeks ago) and received email notice that it shipped.
    It's funny I've received shipments from the UK from IQ and Marillion and they've gotten here faster than some of my stateside orders.

I have all their cd's and concerts, and really love the DVD's from the fan club weekends.
    From the trailer they've released this one looks five star.
    Judging from listening to The Space they've reworked the songs a wee bit and it sounds fantastic.
    I was a little concerned when I read they added some classical musicians but it really works.

Can't wait to watch this one..

"Reginald, what IS this Marillion thing at the Albert Hall? Prog? What? What! Reginald, call them and tell them we'll cancel our membership if they keep this up. First that Opeth, now this! Where is the orchestral pops? Where is the Pantomime Goose?"
    I'm afraid you're showing your age. If you’re hoping to satirise a 'woman of a certain age’ and her husband, that's probably the sort of person who goes to a Marillion concert in the first place, and hangs out on Progressive Ears. The generation that went to orchestral pops is probably in their eighties, if not the grave, by now. It’s always funny to me how people never really change their view of what an ‘old person’ is, even when a quick look in the mirror should tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    My blu-ray shipped as well, got the notice yesterday... did anyone else get a notice from "TrackYourParcel" saying it had shipped from Spain? I can't figure out what that shipment is, unless it's the Yes disc from Pledgemusic... I don't have anything else on the way currently!

I give all my boxed sets and deluxe editions girl's names.
    Awww, that's cute. So the blow up dolls get boys names?

The deluxe RAH set has been delayed due to some printer screw-ups, but some people have received Blu-Rays already.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    My blu-ray shipped as well, got the notice yesterday... did anyone else get a notice from "TrackYourParcel" saying it had shipped from Spain?
    Nothing like that in my Racket Records email notifying me the Blu Ray has shipped.

Also in light of a sub-conversation about uploading music, I thought I'd share what Marillion asks as part of the email I received from Racket Records.

We would ask that you please do not upload any music or videos to any
    file-sharing networks or public websites such as YouTube or MySpace. Our music
    costs money to make, and by buying our CDs, DVDs and merchandise direct from us
    you're ensuring that we can continue to make music in the years to come. If you
    upload this music to file-sharing networks - giving it away for free - you're
    jeopardising our very future. If you want other people to hear our music, just
    ask them to come to our website where they can download a 'Crash Course' sampler
    for free, or otherwise purchase an album or DVD. It really does make a
    difference, and thanks for understanding!

Thanks again for your order, and we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Racket Records

BTW, Lucy said they were first shipping them out, THEN updating shipping status in accounts and I think sending the emails. So if you got an email, your disks may have a head start.

Mine arrived in the post today.

A Marillion night shaking the walls and ceiling with noise beckons

Still waiting on mine.

I'm in Florida and just picked up my Blu Ray DVD in my mailbox.

I received my 2 BR DVD set today! Kinda wish I bought the deluxe but I'm really looking forward to watching the video this weekend. Have to fit it into a Musical Box Show on Friday and my son's guitar show with his teacher on Saturday, playing a Pink Floyd song.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I received my 2 BR DVD set today! Kinda wish I bought the deluxe but I'm really looking forward to watching the video this weekend. Have to fit it into a Musical Box Show on Friday and my son's guitar show with his teacher on Saturday, playing a Pink Floyd song.
    ^^ Cool!

Lucy said after they’ve shipped out all the preorders of the deluxe edition they’ll be getting in 1000 additional copies for people who missed out on the preorder, if you’re interested.

Blu-ray arrived here today as well. Looking forward to it!