Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Steven Wilson remixes CHICAGO II

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Horn sections have been an integral part of the progressive Rock movement since day one. I wouldn't insist on my favorite Prog bands having a Horn section, variety being the spice of life and all, but I certainly bear no prejudice against Horn sections.

Chicago I-VII are awesome albums
    Damn straight! Early Chicago is fantastic.

Anyone pick this up yet? I got the CD version (I'm assuming there is a 5.1 version coming?) since nothing else was available in my local store. After I got it home I realized (he sheepishly admits) that even though I have a previous CD release of this, I had never ripped it to iTunes and really wasn't familiar with most of the album.

The nice thing is that I played the entire thing yesterday and it's great to still be able to discover music that's been around for ages that everyone else already knew about, lol.

Would be interested to hear how those who are much more familiar with the original mix feel about this new one. My thought (from the short amount of time I spent comparing the two) is that the SW version is not as loud and has more space between instruments so they are more well-defined.
    <sig out of order>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Anyone pick this up yet? I got the CD version (I'm assuming there is a 5.1 version coming?) since nothing else was available in my local store. After I got it home I realized (he sheepishly admits) that even though I have a previous CD release of this, I had never ripped it to iTunes and really wasn't familiar with most of the album.

The nice thing is that I played the entire thing yesterday and it's great to still be able to discover music that's been around for ages that everyone else already knew about, lol.

Would be interested to hear how those who are much more familiar with the original mix feel about this new one. My thought (from the short amount of time I spent comparing the two) is that the SW version is not as loud and has more space between instruments so they are more well-defined.
    No 5.1 from Wilson coming, apparently 5.1 already exists. Only stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    No 5.1 from Wilson coming, apparently 5.1 already exists. Only stereo.
    Thanks for the info. I probably wouldn't have bothered anyway since I don't currently have a 5.1 setup.
    <sig out of order>

Banned
    Ordered mine from Laser's Edge.