Thread: Visiting San Francisco next week...whats happening?

Visiting San Francisco next week...whats happening?

Spending a week in San Francisco next week, staying in Fisherman's Wharf area from 4th to 10 December, wondered if there were any significant gigs or events happening that week...?

Or can anyone recommend any decent live music venues? Does not have to be prog, happy with any rock, pop, blues orientated stuff.
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

Mike Stern is at Yoshi's in Oakland. Great venue, fantastic sound. http://www.yoshis.com/calendar/
    Pick up a San Francisco Chronicle this Sunday. The Datebook section (called the Pink Section in the Bay Area) has loads of stuff happening for the upcoming week.
    Try Google to see what's coming up as well.
    Venues I like: in SF- Great American Music Hall; Slim's; Biscuits and Blues(has a variety of music usually); The Sweetwater in Mill Valley, in Marin; The Fillmore(SF);
    Freight and Salvage Coffeehouse(Berkeley) It's not a coffeehouse! It moved and is good size. Lots of great acoustic music; The Jazz School has periodic shows(Berkeley)
    Have fun! Welcome in advance.

Thanks dude, some good pointers there!

If you go here:
    http://www.audium.org/
    you will come away with a sound experience that you'll never forget.

Sorry to sound morbid as SF is a great city for music, but it's also a sanctuary city where illegal murderers have more rights than you, so be careful!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Sorry to sound morbid as SF is a great city for music, but it's also a sanctuary city where illegal murderers have more rights than you, so be careful!
    This is highly offensive. Just stay in LA. What a ridiculous statement!

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    This is highly offensive. Just stay in LA. What a ridiculous statement!
    L.A.'s the same...sometimes the truth hurts.

L.A.'s the same...sometimes the truth hurts.
    Your truth is very different than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude...I live and work in the heart of London, and have travelled all over...Such stuff is prevalent everywhere. The trick is to navigate and work your way round that shit...and it's really not that hard.

By your comments, I should apparently expect some sort of Mad-Max style, lawless apocalyptic landscape.

I'm on holiday for fucks sake. Been in worse places.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mail View Post
    Dude...I live and work in the heart of London, and have travelled all over...Such stuff is prevalent everywhere. The trick is to navigate and work your way round that shit...and it's really not that hard.

By your comments, I should apparently expect some sort of Mad-Max style, lawless apocalyptic landscape.

I'm on holiday for fucks sake. Been in worse places.
    Yes, I understand. I love San Francisco, but I keep thinking about a young girl that was murdered there by an illegal criminal, who was deported several times, made his way back across the US-Mexico border, and has refuge in one of these so called sanctuary cities. It was with great cynicism and disgust that I made those remarks, and I really do believe that these type of individuals have more protection than the average American citizen with the status quo the way it is now. I know that discussions about politics are a taboo on PE, but I hope that situation will soon change. I hope you have a nice holiday in SF, as it's one of America's greatest cities.

Ridiculous. SF has violent crime, yes, and homelessness...but SF, and the Bay Area, can't be boiled down to some absurd meme. For the record, there is a great deal more to be said positively for "sanctuary" than the negative "talking points"spewed by conservative media, etc.

"Sanctuary" does not mean sanctuary from punishment for violent crime. Violent criminals by no means have more rights than law abiding citizens, whether they are "legal immigrants" or under sanctuary.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

As opposed to the legal murderers, like the ones in Washington DC?

Crime is everywhere, bro. And, while nobody should look the other way, it's just as important to not get caught up in the hyperbole. That's where we lose perspective and can't find reasonable solutions to our problems.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Banned
    Immigrants actually commit less crime then native born Americans.

http://time.com/4509413/presidential...p-immigration/

Do a little research - if anyone can find a fact-based report (i.e. not a right-wing toilet bullshit website catering to the drooling ignoramuses that voted for the cheeto-faced clown fascist) that refutes this I am open and ready to change my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    As opposed to the legal murderers, like the ones in Washington DC?

Crime is everywhere, bro. And, while nobody should look the other way, it's just as important to not get caught up in the hyperbole. That's where we lose perspective and can't find reasonable solutions to our problems.
    Yours is a wise perspective, and I agree. I wish the mayor of Chicago had your view. Chicago in general has the worse crime than any other major U.S. city. But dosen't the bad element of illegal people only add to that problem? I'm only saying... But let's get back to the thread's purpose. I don't want this thread closed, and I'm now sorry I made those statements.

^^ Chicago's crime problem has nothing to do with illegal immigration. For the record, Rahm Emanuel is crooked and should be thrown from office. But, yes, back on topic.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Sadly it's rarely up to date any more, but check www.bayprog.org.