Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: King Crimson to tour US in '17

and now, second Red - from Florence...

and if you click to the next looks like larks I coming up soon.

I went ahead and joined the 1000 club figured would be a good way to catch up on some of the downloads I never got cause ten bucks for just a new improve or so seemed a bit too much. now all the downloads show as free almost to overwhelming to deal with right now!

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    and if you click to the next looks like larks I coming up soon.

I went ahead and joined the 1000 club figured would be a good way to catch up on some of the downloads I never got cause ten bucks for just a new improve or so seemed a bit too much. now all the downloads show as free almost to overwhelming to deal with right now!

I joined as well. I plan on seeing a few shows on the 2017 tour so I figure the direct pre-sales will be worth the investment/hassle as well. I was lucky to get invited to the Quebec Friends and Family that year and could not go, so another invitation to one of those is cool as well

I'm also catching up on some double duo live shows; awaiting for more full show Radicals as well. my wife is complaining about the Crim airings in our house and she's a fan! lots of music with the boxes and DGMlive. what a great access and delivery of the archive. rivaled only by the Dead's investment of same

happy

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    I joined as well. I plan on seeing a few shows on the 2017 tour so I figure the direct pre-sales will be worth the investment/hassle as well. I was lucky to get invited to the Quebec Friends and Family that year and could not go, so another invitation to one of those is cool as well

I'm also catching up on some double duo live shows; awaiting for more full show Radicals as well. my wife is complaining about the Crim airings in our house and she's a fan! lots of music with the boxes and DGMlive. what a great access and delivery of the archive. rivaled only by the Dead's investment of same

happy
    ya I am also hoping to get a invite and maybe make a vacation of it presuming it isn't in my state. good time to be a crimson fan!

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    And I did have to change my password, but getting to the right page to do that was difficult, although I'm usually savy about those type of things.
    So where is it? I'm still not having any luck.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    so... they gave us two 'Pictures of a City'... odd that
    It was only a matter of time. If they're doing freebies from every show this year, there'll obviously be several more of those than there are different songs in the set.

Or are you just disappointed because you were dying for a "Light of Day"?

The system rejected my old password, and then gave the message "Forgot your password?" After hitting that it send me an email with a link to reset. And then it worked.

Sorry Mister Triscuits, I forgot to include your quote.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    It was only a matter of time. If they're doing freebies from every show this year, there'll obviously be several more of those than there are different songs in the set.

Or are you just disappointed because you were dying for a "Light of Day"?
    Well we got Cirkus, so I'm hoping they also give us the other Lizard track, Fracture and Indisipline. Plus there is another new song that hasen't been officially released yet. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Old site, new site...the only site that matters to me is where they are playing. Please come to Arizona, Mr. Fripp.

The system rejected my old password, and then gave the message "Forgot your password?" After hitting that it send me an email with a link to reset. And then it worked.
    Dammit. I've tried that repeatedly, but I get no response. And yes, I've checked the spam filter. I've tried writing enquiries@dgmlive.com, but haven't had an answer yet. Don't know what else I can do. Thanks for the help, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Dammit. I've tried that repeatedly, but I get no response. And yes, I've checked the spam filter. I've tried writing enquiries@dgmlive.com, but haven't had an answer yet. Don't know what else I can do. Thanks for the help, though.
    Post #48 from JKL2000 posts a link from drop-box with all of the downloads as an alternative, at least until you get your issue worked out.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dfhuxfc4b...lqKFXxxra?dl=0

at least until you get your issue worked out.
    Progress!!! On the umpteenth try, I finally got a response to the password reset request, so I am now able to log in. Still can't download because I get the "server unavailable" message, but it's a start!

At first try the same thing happened to me. When the page asks you to log in, it may be still using your old password. Erase the old one, then type in the new one and it should work. It did for me. Good Luck!

Telling your fans they can't have an opinion about something unless they see it live... That's a good way to not irritate people. This is probably the most pretentious video I've seen in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=B_Ds897yYB0

Bear in mind that the new DGM business model (i.e. the 1000 Club) involves customer evaluation, à la Uber and co.
    Hence the attempt to tell the budding critics how to do it right...
    On the other hand, critics often are, in form and/or content, intentionally or not, destructive of the "artistic ecosystem"
    they are a necessary part of. They add noise to the signal when they fail to do their proper job : to discriminate, to
    convey a sense of how things are (i.e. if the band sucks, a constructive criticism will demonstrate that the band sucks).
    Last edited by unclemeat; 11-30-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    Telling your fans they can't have an opinion about something unless they see it live... That's a good way to not irritate people. This is probably the most pretentious video I've seen in a long time.

They need to make him record another video like this in 10 years! It'll be really interesting.

I don't disagree with him, but he always states things in a way that presupposes his listeners/audients might be doing something wrong. It's not very rock 'n' roll, but it's interesting. Most 70s bands that are touring again are happy enough to fill seats - RF wants to fill seats with people who are deserving. It's pretty pretentious, but kind of amusing. Kind of reminds me of Geoff Downes and his outrage that "Yuppets" might critique Yes' performance. Whatever, it takes all kinds.

Can't figure out how to d/l the MP3's from that dropbox. When I click it I just get a webpage with the MP3 embedded, no way to separate it out. Any suggestions?
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Can't figure out how to d/l the MP3's from that dropbox. When I click it I just get a webpage with the MP3 embedded, no way to separate it out. Any suggestions?
    Download button is in the top right corner, whether you download the whole shebang, or just one mp3.
    Alternately, you can move the files to your very own dropbox to rumple and fetish at your leisure.

Wow - what do you know? Fripp validates the opinion I stated in here two years ago, which is that the current incarnation of King Crimson is first and foremost a performance vehicle - something to be seen and heard, not just heard. The three drummer thing is mostly about the visual spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Wow - what do you know? Fripp validates the opinion I stated in here two years ago, which is that the current incarnation of King Crimson is first and foremost a performance vehicle - something to be seen and heard, not just heard. The three drummer thing is mostly about the visual spectacle.
    Wow...thank you for reinforcing how stupid that video is.

I think his thoughts are absolutely spot on.
    It all makes perfect sense to me. But then again, I know i am very different than many people on this site in that I try not to let expectations and previous experiences color my enjoyment of current music and concerts.

I've seen this incarnation 6x, therefore my opinion is relevant.

I say...gimme those 2017 States dates, now!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    DGM Logo
    Server Unavailable

Our server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
    Has anyone gotten the free downloads to work at all since the big switcheroo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    everything has been working ok for me except bundle tour downloads aren't working. too bad cause I am kinda itching to grab that P3 bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I wound up using that Dropbox. Not sure why I'm locked out.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.