Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: John Wetton’s health (withdrawal from “Excalibur”)

How did this baby boomer stuff start here in the first place? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    statement from John on the asia website:

lead singer and bassist John Wetton, who has been fighting cancer since 2015 after the band finished its last US tour. “On a personal note, this couldn’t have come at a better time for me; I remain determined and my road to a full recovery continues. I look forward to seeing everyone on the tour next year
    That's great to hear. He certainly knows how to INSPIRE us with considerably more than just his phenomenal bass playing & singing. Go, Johnny go!

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, yes, I know that I am by definition. But, IMO, the definition is silly. The Baby Boom went on for nearly 20 years after the war?
    You forget about foreplay.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

After today's tragic news about Greg, all I can say is "Hold on, John!!" Beat this thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    Baby Boomers are a generation. The term doesn't literally mean only the few years after the soldiers returned home - that is just how the name was derived. Just like millennials weren't only born in 1999, 2000 or 2001.
    From what I understand, "millennials" refers to people who came of age around the 2000's - born in the 80's or so

Quote Originally Posted by thos View Post
    From what I understand, "millennials" refers to people who came of age around the 2000's - born in the 80's or so
    yep those born in the late 90s to now are a new generation which doesn't have a agreed upon name as far as I have heard.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    yep those born in the late 90s to now are a new generation which doesn't have a agreed upon name as far as I have heard.
    Twitterers

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Twitterers

not bad. I took a weird generational differences training course once and it called them linksters that was a few years ago and it doesn't seemed to have taken off.

but the general idea with the new generation is they have had the internet their entire lives so something with technology seems appropriate.

Twitterers
    Twats.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    How did this baby boomer stuff start here in the first place? Did I miss something?
    No idea ...I always thought that Baby Boomers were those born just after WW2 , but yesterday on BBC radio they said that ... that generation were those born in the late 50s and the 60s ....I was born in 1967 so now I am a Baby Boomer !! Wow !
    Anyway on the Beeb they said that Baby Boomers were suffering from high rates of heart attacks, depression, alcoholism and STDs ...oh bugger...can I go back to being part of Generation X which I think I was a member of in the 1990s ?!?!
    Last edited by Gazza2001; 12-10-2016 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza2001 View Post
    No idea ...I always thought that Baby Boomers were those born just after WW2 , but yesterday on BBC radio they said that ... that generation were those born in the late 50s and the 60s ....I was born in 1967 so now I am a Baby Boomer !! Wow !
    Anyway on the Beeb they said that Baby Boomers were suffering from high rates of heart attacks, depression, alcoholism and STDs ...oh bugger...can I go back to being part of Generation X which I think I was in the 1990s ?!?!
    Anyway great to hear that John is touring with Asia next year that is wonderful news.

Twitterers
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza2001 View Post
    ...oh bugger...can I go back to being part of Generation X which I think I was in the 1990s ?!?!
    As a representative of Gen-X born in '69, we officially welcome you back into the fold. There will be a small fee, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by thos View Post
    That is partially correct. The end of the birth range is around 2000. The point, however, was that the term wasn't so literal just like "baby boomer" didn't only mean a couple of years after WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    As a representative of Gen-X born in '69, we officially welcome you back into the fold. There will be a small fee, of course.
    Thank God for that!!...how much will it cost me ?
    I met Douglas Coupland once .....nice guy and he is older than me and is bald ...I still have a full head of hair...but he writes better books !! Well to be fair he writes books...the only thing I write is my shopping list !!
    Last edited by Gazza2001; 12-10-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Off topic !!!

I would´t mind if you all baby boomers would open another thread with just that topic and stay on topic (yes, it is John Wetton´s health) here.

Quote Originally Posted by kaltfeuer View Post
    Off topic !!!

I would´t mind if you all baby boomers would open another thread with just that topic and stay on topic (yes, it is John Wetton´s health) here.
    What a shame that you had to scroll past some posts you weren't interested in. Life can be so cruel.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by kaltfeuer View Post
    Off topic !!!

Well ..okay but I think every poster here on this thread has commented at some stage on John's health...the thread started off with worrying comments that in recent updates on Twitter John looked very gaunt ...but the news currently looks very good for John and he will be touring with Asia next year which is great to hear. There really is nothing else to say about his health except we wish him well and are happy to hear of his progress. The stuff about Baby Boomers was an occasional aside and hurt no one !!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Scooped from the Crim FB; hope it shows up...

That's a great photo of Wetton with Wallace Shawn!

^^^ It's good to see him smiling.

They both look pretty damned happy, which is great.

^^^ I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

Scooped from the Crim FB; hope it shows up...
    Great to see this! John has lost a ton of weight. Would love to see these two working again