Thread: Great new interview with Geddy and Alex (audio)

Great new interview with Geddy and Alex (audio)

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Thanks for sharing this. 😊

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Laura

One of the better recent interviews and Strombo usually knows what he's doing.

Very good interview.

It seems pretty clear that at some point in the not too distant future we will see more recordings of Lifeson/Lee songs. Who all is playing on them, and whether or not it is toured (and with whom) are the open questions.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I think they will have a hard time moving product without some kind of touring to back it up. How many units would be considered a "good" number? 10k, 200k?

I'm in, regardless, but I wonder if those guys will be satisfied not playing in front of big audiences. I have to think that it would be a hard thing to create, and then not support your music, when you have been used to big crowds and the thrill of being onstage.

should be fun regardless, and interesting to see what they come up with. Without worrying about a tour, will they become more courageous in their songwriting, Knowing they dont have to be able to pull it off live? perhaps. will they will find it as rewarding to compose without Neil. - Or if they do work with Neil, will things still be different or kind of the same? I was a bigger fan of Snakes than I was of Clockwork, They are really two very different albums. So what comes next? I'll look forward to 2017 and perhaps a new album. Will it be Rush? who knows.

They could probably still tour as "Lee/Lifeson" and get decent audiences. Also they wouldn't have to go out as a trio either.

They could trigger recordings of Neil's drums via a pedal board...

there are plenty of capable young drummers out there who would kill at a chance to play with these guys.
    if they tour i hope they get a full keyboardist too so they can actually play live!

Since it won't be Rush, it could be just about anything.

^^^yep...can be very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk