Thread: Dream the Electric Sleep anyone?

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

Dream the Electric Sleep anyone?

Been digging their latest, Beneath the Dark Wide Sky. Are their earlier albums as good as this one? I heard this album on a podcast and it clicked right away. Similar to Anathema.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Been digging their latest, Beneath the Dark Wide Sky. Are their earlier albums as good as this one? I heard this album on a podcast and it clicked right away. Similar to Anathema.
    Heretics just rocks. Lost and Gone Forever is a bit more proggy but yes, luv this Canadian band.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Heretics just rocks. Lost and Gone Forever is a bit more proggy but yes, luv this Canadian band.
    Ummm, they are from Kentucky. Lexington, Kentucky. I had the pleasure of seeing them a couple months back. Terrific band with their own sound.

Big fan here. Enjoy everything they have done so far. Have seen them live twice and enjoyed them each time.

Heretics is outstanding. I've been meaning to check out their newest.

Heretics is their best.

Quote Originally Posted by littleatlas_steve View Post
    Ummm, they are from Kentucky. Lexington, Kentucky. I had the pleasure of seeing them a couple months back. Terrific band with their own sound.
    Corrected and thank you. However did I get the idea they were from the land up north? Listening to a lot of Druckfarben lately I guess. In any event, this is still a good and interesting band.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Yes, all 3 are great.

I have posted this here before, but their first album “Lost And Gone Forever” holds a special place for me. It is the only album I know of about coal mining. My grandfather started working in coal mines when he was 14 years old, and this album paints a pretty accurate picture of what that life was (and probably still is) like. Fantastic album. I love “Heretics” too. I just heard the new one for the first time last week (a friend of mine played it) and I will be picking it up soon.