Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: PROG Magazine- Anyone still buying it?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    The iPad app "disappeared" all issues since Issue 68, and the app itself is no longer available in the App Store. The disappeared issues correlate to when my subscription renewed recently but oddly, the ones showing are not downloaded onto the iPad; they just show the D/L "cloud". Very odd. Has anywhere here been able to D/L the newest issue?

Thanks,

Steve

There is a new app. Try downloading again from the App Store or updating the one you have on your iPad. This one is run by Future, and once you sign in, you can go to the help section and click on the link to restore purchases and that will enable you to have access to all your previous issues (you'll have to re-download them all).

There is also a special Pink Floyd retrospective issue available in that app. I was able to access it for free once I purchased the latest issue (I don't have a yearly sub, I just buy each issue separately).
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Is there a new Android app in Google Play Store? I used to have a Team Rock radio app also. Is that returning as well?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    There is a new app. Try downloading again from the App Store or updating the one you have on your iPad. This one is run by Future, and once you sign in, you can go to the help section and click on the link to restore purchases and that will enable you to have access to all your previous issues (you'll have to re-download them all).

There is also a special Pink Floyd retrospective issue available in that app. I was able to access it for free once I purchased the latest issue (I don't have a yearly sub, I just buy each issue separately).
    Thanks for alerting everyone. I got the Greg Lake and Tull issues BUT lost everything before February 2016, which had been downloaded to my iPad. Oh well, but good to have new issues.

Steve

I just bought the Greg Lake issue on ebay and the one before that on ebay also. You can't purchase these on the team rock site. You have to contact someone. I am still trying to figure out if I can purchase a single issue through the company directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I just bought the Greg Lake issue on ebay and the one before that on ebay also. You can't purchase these on the team rock site. You have to contact someone. I am still trying to figure out if I can purchase a single issue through the company directly.
    I also used eBay for the Lake issue.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Laura

#74 arrived in my mailbox today (Wednesday). They basically never missed a beat during this period of upheaval!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm a digital subscriber. There were some hiccups but all seems sorted out now....
    Last edited by jkelman; 05-26-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Why in prog's name is Prog Magazine not available on Android devices?
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Nice poster in the current issue with Mark Wilkinson's reworking of Marillion's 'Clutching At Straws' cover. He apparently had some time constraints with the original which also sounded like was due to some of his own inactivity. Have to say I like the new one better. As far as the article goes, being the 30th anniversary of the album, it's just alright. Could have been a little more in depth. I think Steve Rothery had some issues with Fish as did the others. I have to agree with Fish's assessment - "Clutching at Straws' is a brilliant album. I prefer it to 'Misplaced Childhood'. It's very honest, very open, to the point where you go, 'Fucking hell... '".

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^^ Burning Shed was out of this when I checked. Really want to get a copy...