Thread: Prog songs that mention the title in the Lyrics

Banned

Prog songs that mention the title in the Lyrics

Owner of a Lonely Heart- "Yes"

ABACAB- "Genesis"

What they said. Those are the only ones I can think of.

...whoops, sorry. I did not fully understand the question, it seems.

Or did I? You mean prog songs where the titles are mentioned is the lyrics? Then it's easy - ALL songs on ITCOTCK, for example.

Songs that have the name of the band in the lyrics - now these would be harder to find for sure.

Octopus - Octopus "A gentle giant octopus takes me to a chair"

Remember the Future, Down to Earth, Recycled & Magic is a Child from Nektar for sure...
    The idea of an album title taken from the lyrics is almost as common as the title of a SONG being defined by words within that song, which makes pure common sense. A good percentage of songs actually use the opening words as a title. There are far too many to list, even instrumentals aren't an exception... (i.e. Wipeout... lol).
    Bad Company did their first album & song title to include their band name too.... a pretty cool idea.

Close to the edge
    To be over
    But yeah...too many 2 list

Tempus Fugit - yes yes

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    Songs that have the name of the band in the lyrics - now these would be harder to find for sure.
    Not prog, but how about "Living in a Box" by Living in a Box on the album "Living in a Box"?
    Progtopia is a podcast devoted to interviewing progressive rock, metal, and electronic artists from the past and present, featuring their songs and exclusive interviews. Artists interviewed on the show have included Steve Hackett, Sound of Contact, Larry Fast, Circus Maximus, Anubis Gate, Spock's Beard, and many more. http://progtopia.podomatic.com See you in a land called Progtopia!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post

Queen: Killer Queen, White Queen (As It Began), March Of The Black Queen
    Yes: Tempus Fugit
    Big Country: In A Big Country (not "prog", I know, but still one that comes to mind first)
    Talk Talk: Talk Talk (from the album Talk Talk)

OK, time-out folks... between THIS thread and the other one for unmentioned titles in the lyrics, it would create a complete list of EVERY vocalized prog song written... EVER.
    I'm folding my hand with Foxy Lady, Purple Haze, The Wind Cries Mary and All along the Watchtower.
    Deal me out... I'll pass until it all gets interesting.... like instrumentals which have titles that DON'T decribe what we are supposed to imagine as a visual interpretation of the piece... which would be a much shorter list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    OK, time-out folks... between THIS thread and the other one for unmentioned titles in the lyrics, it would create a complete list of EVERY vocalized prog song written... EVER.
    I'm folding my hand with Foxy Lady, Purple Haze, The Wind Cries Mary and All along the Watchtower.
    Deal me out... I'll pass until it all gets interesting.... like instrumentals which have titles that DON'T decribe what we are supposed to imagine as a visual interpretation of the piece... which would be a much shorter list.
    BINGO! These threads are banal now. Btw,In what universe are Owner Of A Lonely Heart and ABACAB considered prog songs?