Page 117 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3319

Thread: The Obligatory "Most Recent Purchases" Thread...

Recieved today:
    Faun - Pagan
    Grobschnitt - Symphony - Live 2012
    Grobschnitt - Acoustic album
    Heinz Rudolf Kunze - Wie der Name schon sagt - Solo live
    Magma - Bourges 1979
    Andreas Vollenweider - White winds (Seeker's journey)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The Road To Red - King Crimson - it's a beautiful box set.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Frederick Converse - The Mystic Trumpeter/Flivver Ten Million/Endymion's Narrative
    William Schuman - Symphony no. 6/Prayer in a Time of War/New England Triptych

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Raoul Bjorkenheim & Krakatau - Ritual
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Cathedral - The Viith Coming

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Robert Fripp - Exposure Box Set
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

The Tangent - Songs From the Hard Shoulder
    Bubblemath - Turf Ascension
    Soft Head - Rogue Element
    The Flower Kings - Retropolis (2022 vinyl edition)
    Jeff Tweedy - Love Is King
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    John Coltrane - A Love Supreme: Live In Seattle
    King's X - Please Come Home... Mr. Bulbous (RSD yellow vinyl edition)
    Freddie Hubbard - Hub-Tones
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

George Antheil - Ballet Mecanique/A Jazz Symphony/other stuff

From a local used CD store on Saturday:

Asia Minor - Crossing the Line
    Asia Minor - Between Flesh and Divine
    Atila - The Beginning of the End
    Black Sabbath - Seventh Star
    Godflesh - Merciless (CD Single)
    Tarantula - 2

I usually place one big order each year from a Japanese retailer (either Amazon or HMV/Lawson), mostly for new releases that are too obscure for North American retailers. HMV still hasn't resumed international sales since the beginning of COVID, so on Friday I ordered 12 CDs from Amazon Japan and they arrived today! I got a mixed bag of new and old jazz, prog, shoegaze, post rock, and indie rock this time out:

Kaoru Abe-Motoharu Yoshizawa Duo - Nord
    Ain Soph - Hat & Field
    Hitsuji Bungaku - You Love (EP)
    Hitsuji Bungaku - Our Hope
    Jizue - Garden
    Jyocho - しあわせになるから、なろうよ (CD + DVD)
    Mr. Sirius - Barren Dream
    Mr. Sirius - Dirge
    Mouse on the Keys - 詐欺の子 (soundtrack album to some kind of NHK documentary, I think)
    Regal Lily - アルケミラ*(CD Single + DVD)
    Regal Lily - Cとし生けるもの (CD + Blu-Ray)
    Akira Sakata x Triple Edge - Live at Pit Inn

The King Records re-issues (Ain Soph, Mr. Sirius) were stupidly cheap, less than $11 CAD each after exchange. I don't expect to be able to watch any of the DVDs on my TV, but I haven't come across one yet that I couldn't play on my computer.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Grobschnitt - Symphony - Live 2012
    I didn't know about this - it's a single? And this is the track from their debut album? It's on Spotify, so I'll check it out. Not sure why I never noticed it on Spotify before...

Yesterday I received a package from Racket Records that I think I'll allow my family to give to me on Father's Day, containing:

- Both the Blu-Ray and CD releases of Distant Light, from their 2017 Marillion Weekend.
    - An Hour Before It's Dark tee-shirt

Seems like the perfect Father's Day gift! (The Distant Light audio is on Spotify if anyone's interested. This was the weekend where they played Happiness Is The Road in its entirety.)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I didn't know about this - it's a single? And this is the track from their debut album? It's on Spotify, so I'll check it out. Not sure why I never noticed it on Spotify before...

Yesterday I received a package from Racket Records that I think I'll allow my family to give to me on Father's Day, containing:

- Both the Blu-Ray and CD releases of Distant Light, from their 2017 Marillion Weekend.
    - An Hour Before It's Dark tee-shirt

Seems like the perfect Father's Day gift! (The Distant Light audio is on Spotify if anyone's interested. This was the weekend where they played Happiness Is The Road in its entirety.)
    Yes it is a single. It contains 2 songs, recorded with an orchestra. It is Symphony, from their debut and Anywhere from Rockpommels Land. Never bought it, because the price was a bit high, when I saw it in the stores, but Amazon had it for less than 4 euro, so I decided to buy it, together with some other stuff.

black midi - Hellfire (pre-order)
    Join The Din - Elephants In Autumn Rage (pre-order)
    Schnauser - Altra Seccatura (pre-order)
    Bubblemath - Turf Ascension (pre-order)
    Anteloper - Pink Dolphins
    Craig Fortnam - Instrumental Music 1
    Forgiveness - Next Time Could Be Your Last Time
    Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death
    October Equus - Noches blancas, luces rojas
    Ars de Er - Other Side
    Mirlitorrinco - Odas mixtas para criaturas mínimas
    Glass Museum - Reflet
    Polar Bear - Polar Bear
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Glass Museum - Reflet
    One for my wishlist.

Sibelius/Nielsen - 1st Symphonies

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Mirlitorrinco - Odas mixtas para criaturas mínimas
    WoW ... out of my radar, tankx Ian!

Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    I usually place one big order each year from a Japanese retailer (either Amazon or HMV/Lawson), mostly for new releases that are too obscure for North American retailers. HMV still hasn't resumed international sales since the beginning of COVID, so on Friday I ordered 12 CDs from Amazon Japan and they arrived today! I got a mixed bag of new and old jazz, prog, shoegaze, post rock, and indie rock this time out:

Kaoru Abe-Motoharu Yoshizawa Duo - Nord
    Ain Soph - Hat & Field
    Hitsuji Bungaku - You Love (EP)
    Hitsuji Bungaku - Our Hope
    Jizue - Garden
    Jyocho - しあわせになるから、なろうよ (CD + DVD)
    Mr. Sirius - Barren Dream
    Mr. Sirius - Dirge
    Mouse on the Keys - 詐欺の子 (soundtrack album to some kind of NHK documentary, I think)
    Regal Lily - アルケミラ*(CD Single + DVD)
    Regal Lily - Cとし生けるもの (CD + Blu-Ray)
    Akira Sakata x Triple Edge - Live at Pit Inn

The King Records re-issues (Ain Soph, Mr. Sirius) were stupidly cheap, less than $11 CAD each after exchange. I don't expect to be able to watch any of the DVDs on my TV, but I haven't come across one yet that I couldn't play on my computer.
    What was the shipping form Japan?
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    What was the shipping form Japan?
    3100 Yen (~ $30 CAD or $23 US) for 12 CDs. Quite reasonable for 72-hour courier service, I think.

3100 Yen (~ $30 CAD or $23 US) for 12 CDs. Quite reasonable for 72-hour courier service, I think.
    Not bad at all for the bunch of CDs you got, thanks. One more question, went actually to the Japanese site and tried to get a couple of CDs but it has not recognized my Amazon account and in effect disallowing the purchase. Did you have to set up a new account exclusively with them or how did you do it?

One more question, went actually to the Japanese site and tried to get a couple of CDs but it has not recognized my Amazon account and in effect disallowing the purchase. Did you have to set up a new account exclusively with them or how did you do it?
    I have never had any problems logging in and ordering from Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.jp, and Amazon.co.uk all from the same account.

I have never had any problems logging in and ordering from Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.jp, and Amazon.co.uk all from the same account.
    Not sure what is going on, tried German Amazon and the account works without a problem but not the Japanese

Not bad at all for the bunch of CDs you got, thanks. One more question, went actually to the Japanese site and tried to get a couple of CDs but it has not recognized my Amazon account and in effect disallowing the purchase. Did you have to set up a new account exclusively with them or how did you do it?
    Although I've never used it I also had to make a new account for Amazon.co.jp; logging with the .com, .de and .co.uk-account didn't work.

Popped into the local record shop today and grabbed the latest Soft Machine archival release as well as 801 Live and Ozric Tentacles - Erpland. While I was there, a guy bought the new Fripp mega-set and opened it right in the store, so I got to have a closer look at that monstrosity, since he didn't seem to mind me peering over his shoulder.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Michael Tippett symphonies 1-4 Bournemouth Symphony: Richard Hickox
    Richard Thompson: Mock Tudor
    Dr. John: N'Awlinz Dis Dat Or D'udda
    Pineapple Thief: Little Man

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Popped into the local record shop today and grabbed the latest Soft Machine archival release as well as 801 Live and Ozric Tentacles - Erpland. While I was there, a guy bought the new Fripp mega-set and opened it right in the store, so I got to have a closer look at that monstrosity, since he didn't seem to mind me peering over his shoulder.
    Those 3 you bought are great!
    Ian