Page 89 of 133 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3312

Thread: The Obligatory "Most Recent Purchases" Thread...

I reached out to Steve once and asked him for suggestions on a good symphonic prog album with lots of keyboards. Didn't hear much for a few days.

Suddenly, one evening around 9 PM there's an extremely loud rapping on my door. I open it to see this shifty-looking dude in an otherwise-snappy Hawaiian kind of T-shirt. It's him. Behind him are six or seven extremely large and intimidating looking men with crowbars and other distressing objects (I didn't know it at the time, but it turns out this was most of Thinking Plague).

Two of the men pick me up and set me back on my sofa while Steve just stares intently, without moving, without saying a word. The rest of the crew make their way into my bedroom where I hear the sounds of CD cases being knocked over, crushed, and otherwise pulverized. I'm not sure if it was shock or fear that held the tears back but somehow, I maintained my composure throughout.

After about 15 minutes the cacophony subsided and the men came back into the room, covered in dust, plastic splinters and little pieces of CDs. Still silent through the whole ordeal and never once averting his steely-eyed stare from mine, Steve reaches into his shirt, pulls out a CD and throws it at my feet.

And just like that, they were gone. Back into the night, perhaps to provide that one-on-one customer service to another unknowing soul.

I looked at the CD. It was Happy the Man - Live.

Great album!! Changed my life...thanks again Steve!!
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Steve F. Has called me many times to just chat about Asia, Smak and Art Bears.

We often get together to drain and drink the blood of "obscure" animals we found on YouTube.

We are also working on music for a duo project called Svetonio and Svetonio.

William Schuman - Symphonies 3 & 5, Judith

Marbin - Aggressive Hippies
    Marbin - Israeli Jazz
    Marbin - Goat Man & The House of The Dead
    Valence - Cognitive Dissidents
    Us, Today - Beneath The Floorboards
    Us, Today - Tenenemies
    Us, Today - Computant
    Mike Keneally Band - guitar therapy live
    Bruteus - Anthem
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    Wayside doesn't want to do any personal interaction with customer and his stock isn't good.

Dude, you obviously haven't checked out "his" stock.Wayside's stock is second to none.Wake up.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Us, Today - Tenenemies
    Us, Today - Computant
    glad you obviously enjoyed their show. I have them all as well. I think I like Tenemies the best, but I like them all.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Nik Kershaw - Human racing
    GoGo Penguin - Fanfares
    Pink Floyd - The piper at the gates of dawn
    Manfred Mann Chapter III - Radio Days vol. 3 Live sessions & studio rarities
    Maschine - Neubeginner

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    glad you obviously enjoyed their show. I have them all as well. I think I like Tenemies the best, but I like them all.
    Yeah, I liked their sound.
    I need some quality listening time with the recordings.
    The midi vibes are pretty versatile.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    The midi vibes are pretty versatile.
    Is she playing midi vibes now? The two times I saw them, they were a standard vibes set, but run through boxes/pedals.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Is she playing midi vibes now? The two times I saw them, they were a standard vibes set, but run through boxes/pedals.
    I am probably wrong, but it sure seemed like the sound was triggered by the mallets at times, rather than hearing the 'vibe tone' with an overlaid effect sound.
    Other times it was clearly 'vibes'. I was next to the stage for a good part of the performance.
    They messed with the volume levels of the keyboard, guitar, and vibes a lot so I might have missed some stuff.
    -- Aristotle

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Jack O The Clock - Witness
    The Utopia Strong - s/t
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Led Bib - It's Morning
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Led Bib - It's Morning
    That was fast and as advertised in another thread!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

That was fast and as advertised in another thread!!
    Not released yet, but preordered.
    Ian

God Is An Astronaut - Epitaph
    S/T
    Age Of The Fifth Sun
    A Moment Of Stillness
    Last edited by markwoll; 09-15-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    -- Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I reached out to Steve once and asked him for suggestions on a good symphonic prog album with lots of keyboards. Didn't hear much for a few days.

Suddenly, one evening around 9 PM there's an extremely loud rapping on my door. I open it to see this shifty-looking dude in an otherwise-snappy Hawaiian kind of T-shirt. It's him. Behind him are six or seven extremely large and intimidating looking men with crowbars and other distressing objects (I didn't know it at the time, but it turns out this was most of Thinking Plague).

Two of the men pick me up and set me back on my sofa while Steve just stares intently, without moving, without saying a word. The rest of the crew make their way into my bedroom where I hear the sounds of CD cases being knocked over, crushed, and otherwise pulverized. I'm not sure if it was shock or fear that held the tears back but somehow, I maintained my composure throughout.

After about 15 minutes the cacophony subsided and the men came back into the room, covered in dust, plastic splinters and little pieces of CDs. Still silent through the whole ordeal and never once averting his steely-eyed stare from mine, Steve reaches into his shirt, pulls out a CD and throws it at my feet.

And just like that, they were gone. Back into the night, perhaps to provide that one-on-one customer service to another unknowing soul.

I looked at the CD. It was Happy the Man - Live.

Great album!! Changed my life...thanks again Steve!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Steve F. Has called me many times to just chat about Asia, Smak and Art Bears.

We often get together to drain and drink the blood of "obscure" animals we found on YouTube.

We are also working on music for a duo project called Svetonio and Svetonio.

Thumbscrew - s/t
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 09-17-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    Ian

Today:
    Jeff Lynne's ELO - Wembley or bust
    Pink Floyd - More
    Philip Glass - Glassworks
    Mark Hollis - s/t
    Jethro Tull - Stand up

And for my dad
    Josephine Baker - Remembering

. The Blind Night Watchers' Mysterious Landscapes by Eclectic Maybe Band.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Gong - Love From Planet Gong
    Ian

they were definitely real vibes, I lifted those things up on stage !!

Quote Originally Posted by shedsoundsrecordings View Post
    they were definitely real vibes, I lifted those things up on stage !!
    :-)
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

The Willies - S/T
    The Willies - Calm Cool Collected

Tohru Aizawa Quartet — Tachibana
    Takeo Moriyama — East Plants

Both on vinyl, and both are great. The Moriyama album has some killer drumming. That guy is a beast (or at least he was back in the day).

miRthkon - Snack(s)
    Matt Lebofsky - Boring Origin Story
    -- Aristotle