Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seriously looking for mr sirius

I finally found an old tape of "Incredible Tour" and it was filled out with other live Mr Sirius - "Blue Wind" "Fire" "Lady Madonna" "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" "Super Joker" and at least 4 other pieces I haven't recognized... I wish I knew where they come from? Also, still looking for "Secret Treasures..."

Funny just listened to Crystal Voyage last night (thanks to YouTube). Some really nice stuff, though not quite to the level of 'Barren Dream' and 'Dirge'. Nice it's there to listen to whenever, since it is not available for purchase. Funny, on that one, just called 'Sirius', I hear some similarities to the earlier German band 'Sirius'. Coincidence? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Funny just listened to Crystal Voyage last night (thanks to YouTube). Some really nice stuff, though not quite to the level of 'Barren Dream' and 'Dirge'. Nice it's there to listen to whenever, since it is not available for purchase. Funny, on that one, just called 'Sirius', I hear some similarities to the earlier German band 'Sirius'. Coincidence? I'm not sure.
    Yeah, it's a coincidence. Crystal Voyage is earlier material than the 3 Mr. Sirius albums, iirc. The German Sirius on Brutkasten was hopelessly obscure. The chances of anyone in Japan having heard it at time of release was remote.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yeah, it's a coincidence. Crystal Voyage is earlier material than the 3 Mr. Sirius albums, iirc. The German Sirius on Brutkasten was hopelessly obscure. The chances of anyone in Japan having heard it at time of release was remote.
    Though I think if anyone would have heard of them, it would have been Miyatake, who seems to have been the kind of obsessive prog freak who would. Germany’s Sirius, as I’ve stated before, seems to have been a concentrated effort to set the works of famous poet William Butler Yeats to music (all the vocal tracks on their two albums are based on his poetry, which definitely facilitates those who want to sing along).
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Though I think if anyone would have heard of them, it would have been Miyatake, who seems to have been the kind of obsessive prog freak who would. Germany’s Sirius, as I’ve stated before, seems to have been a concentrated effort to set the works of famous poet William Butler Yeats to music (all the vocal tracks on their two albums are based on his poetry, which definitely facilitates those who want to sing along).
    In'82? On a narrow distribution German indie label? What are the odds?

I can't read Japanese, but the notes which come with the Crystal Voyage CD have three dates buried amongst the text: 1979, 1987, and 1990. 1990 is when the CD was released. 1987 was when the first Mr. Sirius album came out. If 1979 was the date for the Sirius material, (and I'm not saying definitively that it is,) then obviously it would pre-date the German Sirius.

Yeah, coincidence either way most likely. Interestingly, I listened to Crystal Voyage today when I wasn't so tired, and it blew me away. Absolutely beautiful. Almost to the level of Barren Dream and Dirge.