Thread: My Bloody Valentine's Loveless turns 25

My Bloody Valentine's Loveless turns 25

The shoegaze epic is now a twenty-something.

http://www.slantmagazine.com/house/a...eless-turns-25

I missed the shoegazing stuff when it came out and didn't discover any of those bands until the early 00s. Then I had to get a ton of it. I still play MBV quite often but this one remains a favorite. There's something trance-inducing about those indecipherable silken vocals over that wall of guitars, the rhythm rumbling at a slow boil underneath. You might even say it's rather progressive in spirit (though definitely not prog).

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

damn im getting old....granted, im in the usa where they didnt really gather popularity here until the mid-00s (and, even then, they were lumped in with the emo crowd) which is probably why i feel that way...probably a whole different thing for you Europeans

This album will always be a top 5 all time favorite for me. I've been listening to it since 1992 and I'm still not sick of it. It has aged very well compared to other albums from that genre.

Great record. Listened to it front to the back for the first time in a few years last week while I was laminating a bunch of crap for my classroom. Definitely kept me sane and focused.

I love the riff in "I Only Said". I was actually hopping onto the thread mostly to post that track but ya beat me to it.