Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Metheny with an Edge

Thanks All for the Responses
    The consensus does seem to be that Imaginary Day is the CD I should seek out next.

What do you all think of Travels? Cuong Vu in his liner notes for Meets Pat Metheny name dropped that particular release. In fact, he more or less blamed his choice of a career in Jazz on it . . .
    regards
    KGH
    www.artbykgh.com

Wherein one can peruse all manner of Digital Artwork & Photography. . .

Quote Originally Posted by KGHofSF View Post
    What do you all think of Travels?KGH
    It's exceptional.

Travels is one that I don't have yet. I need to pick that one up...

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    many of the most popular ECM tracks are there- 'Are You Going With Me', 'Phase Dance', 'San Lorenzo', 'As Falls Wichita...'- and some songs that are not on anything else.
    The Fields, The Sky is one of those great tunes not on any other album. One of those evocative pieces that conjures up images of the heartland. And Goodbye is a beautiful ballad with a gorgeous guitar solo.

Yes, "Travels" is an album I cannot praise enough! Probably in my all time Top-10!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    I bought Zero Tolerance for Silence in record shop. When I asked for it the guy in the shop looked at me and asked if I was sure I wanted to buy it. That made me even more interested, so I said "Yes!". However I have only listened to it once. To me it is just guitar distortion, and listening to a vacuum cleaner would be more interesting. I agree that a good melodic and somewhat aggressive albums would be "Imaginary Day".
    I agree, 'one and done' here as well. Imaginary Day, on the other hand, is brilliant. Roots, along with First Circle and Finding & Believing, is my favorite Metheny track.

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    I agree, 'one and done' here as well. Imaginary Day, on the other hand, is brilliant. Roots, along with First Circle and Finding & Believing, is my favorite Metheny track.
    Ah, Finding & Believing is an amazing piece of music. First Circle is excellent as well.

Imaginary Day is one that I've not spent very much time with. I don't remember the track Roots -- I'm going to revisit it today. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    As far as I know that will be his new quartet including Antonio Sanchez, a British pianist named Gwilym Simcock and a New York bassist named Linda Oh. From what I've heard it sounds similar to PMG minus the synths, percussion and vocals.
    Good news to me too, as I was worried it would be a solo show. I will be seeing him on the first night of his tour at ECSU in Willimantic, CT. I will report back here after the show, or maybe during it!
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org