Thread: Olias Live

Olias Live

I apologize in advance if this has been posted previously. I just found it on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/RQm-7HlaHco

Published on Jun 3, 2013
    Jon Anderson's synth-folk masterpiece "OLIAS of SUNHILLOW" performed live and complete at UMASS LOWELL on April 22nd, 2013. Jon was with us via SKYPE to open the concert, and a powerful night of music was enjoyed by all. Musicians included special guest Thomas Deis of 'Project Moorglade' as well as a 60 voice choir and live synth, percussion, mandolin, and more all played by college students from the University.
    The UMass Lowell Choral Union is directed by Dr. Tom Malone.
    Welcome to PE. If you want to watch old men argue about old musicians, you've come to the right place!

jamesmanzi

That's really cool!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    Sweet! I will watch the clip on my TV.
    Thnx for posting.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I saw this quite some time ago. It's pretty cool!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Yeah, I recently saw that as well but given how old it is I assumed everyone here already knew about it. It's not a great recording and the arrangements and performances aren't always top tier, but the fact that it was even attempted is amazing.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.