Thread: Mike Keneally & Beer for Dolphins in Kennett Square tonight

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar

Mike Keneally & Beer for Dolphins in Kennett Square tonight

Looking very forward to this tonight! Anyone else going? I plan to hit Victory in Kennett for a growler fill then head over to The Flash.

http://www.kennettflash.org/
    Chad

No one?

Jefferson James
    Wishing. Just binged on "live Mike" the other day, various things I haven't seen before. As always I am left astounded. What a brilliant mind! Enjoy the spectacle and bring lots of friends.

My local friends are busy and my Prog friends live in different states.

Always great to see Mike play.

I hit Victory for a growler last night, and went to the Flash to see The Sensational Francis Dunnery Electric Band. They were, as expected absolutely Sensational. Francis played most of his new album "Vampires", which is a redo of some of the old It Bites tunes, recreated and updated in real time by his long time band, with special guest Brett Kull from Echolyn helping out. I have to give a special mention to drummer Tony Beard, one of my long time favorites for making the difficult look so easy.

When we got to the Flash this afternoon, Mike the sound guy was playing his soundboard recording of last night's Dunnery gig. It sounded freaking incredible.

Great show on Saturday, Mike. You guys were on fire. It was great to see you and be able to say "hello" to you and Bryan.

I thought the Travis Larson Band was great. I saw them at ProgDay a few years back, but I thought their brand of guitar-based fusion got a little diluted out in the field. Seeing them in an intimate venue really let them shine. It was fun to watch Jennifer shred on bass and give a little smile every once in a while when they nailed certain parts.

Oh, and I hit Kennett Brewing instead of Victory. KB is about a block away from The Flash (right down Apple Alley). I hadn't been there yet, so I stopped in and had a great Black IPA then filled my growler with their West Coast IPA which was also excellent.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Oh, and I hit Kennett Brewing instead of Victory. KB is about a block away from The Flash (right down Apple Alley). I hadn't been there yet, so I stopped in and had a great Black IPA then filled my growler with their West Coast IPA which was also excellent.
    Are you talking the "Green Gaberlunzie?" I guess I gotta try it again as I got a growler for the Bent Knee show at the Flash and thought it was borderline undrinkable. Hmmm.

Yes, Green Gaberlunzie. Noticeable marijuana nose with sharp, crisp and fresh hoppiness on the tongue. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    Chad