Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Opeth - The Clean Vox Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Just got my copy of Sorceress on Friday!
    Dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    FWIW took me a half dozen or so spins though to start to ‘get it’.
    With thousands of cds in my collection that might not be possible. Lol.
    You can't take a photograph of Uzis on a street corner.

Alright, break it up here. This is way too much discussion about the least best Opeth albums!!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    NP: Watershed

I have the "deluxe" edition of Watershed, in that cardboard CD wallet that looks like a small envelope, with the bonus disk in a separate cardboard sleeve from the main disk. I forget how I got it, but I just noticed (I'd forgotten) the booklet is signed by the band! I'm not that big on autographs, but it's kind of cool to have something signed by Opeth!

I like the photos in Watershed - it's like a more "evil" version of Thick as a Brick!
    Primary procreation is accomplished…

https://youtu.be/oPcPHclVQAA

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2022...dge-of-sanity/

Steel was basically a short-lived Swedish metal group with Mikael, Peter, Anders Nordin, and Dan Swano! The EP was recorded during the Morningrise sessions in '96. Crazy that this exists!

Opeth released a song to streaming services recently, "Width of a Circle," which was previously only included in a special "connoisseur's edition" of In Cauda Venenum. Only heard it once, so can't comment on quality. Wasn't there a David Byrne track with the same title? If not Byrne, someone from his...circle.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    https://youtu.be/oPcPHclVQAA

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2022...dge-of-sanity/

Steel was basically a short-lived Swedish metal group with Mikael, Peter, Anders Nordin, and Dan Swano! The EP was recorded during the Morningrise sessions in '96. Crazy that this exists!
    I don't think I'd ever heard of this, and I was obsessed with Opeth to the exclusion of all other music for years (big EoS fan too as you'd imagine). Jeez what a hoot. I can't imagine that I'll ever listen to it again, other than maybe to amuse some other old-school Opeth fans with it, but it gave me a chuckle. Pretty interesting story too.

In case anyone wondered what Martin Axenrot does now, he and his partner Natalie (vocalist at the beginning of Watershed's Coil) opened a gourmet cheese shop/restaurant in Bernshammar, Sweden.

'I'll have six ounces of Gouda and some blast beats, please.'

axe1.jpg

axe3.jpg

axe2.jpg
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

^ "Umm...it's a bit runny."

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ "Umm...it's a bit runny."
    Oh, I like it runny. Fetch hither the fromage de la Belle France!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

'The best stuff is really when Mick Pointer was a baby, banging on pots and pans. That was their most "out there" stuff.' - JKL2000

Thanks to this thread I got all the albums from Damnation to In Cauda Venenum. I do prefer the "clean vox" albums though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    Thanks to this thread I got all the albums from Damnation to In Cauda Venenum. I do prefer the "clean vox" albums though.
    Nice. Glad you're digging em. What do you think of Ghost Reveries and Watershed?

The extended version of In Cauda Venenum is now fully available, with six bonus tracks (three extra songs in each language) :

https://label.atomicfire-records.com...-is-out-today/

Opeth released a song to streaming services recently, "Width of a Circle," which was previously only included in a special "connoisseur's edition" of In Cauda Venenum. Only heard it once, so can't comment on quality. Wasn't there a David Byrne track with the same title? If not Byrne, someone from his...circle.
    Maybe you are thinking of the David Bowie song?

Have most of Opeth in 5.1, but finding Damnation & Deliverance has been an expensive endeavor. Listening to Opeth in 5.1 is an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bamamusicfan View Post
    Have most of Opeth in 5.1, but finding Damnation & Deliverance has been an expensive endeavor. Listening to Opeth in 5.1 is an experience.
    How expensive?

Sounds amazing. Never heard them in 5.1. They sound lovely on 2-channel stereo on cd and lp too

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Sounds amazing. Never heard them in 5.1. They sound lovely on 2-channel stereo on cd and lp too
    Except they sound as if you only had two ears.

Around $100 or higher if you can find it.

Around $100 or higher if you can find it.
    I only have the two original CDs. Is this a compilation of the two that includes 5.1?

I only have the two original CDs. Is this a compilation of the two that includes 5.1?
    A deluxe edition was released a few years ago with both albums remastered on CD and DVD's with 5.1 mixes of both. Was in one of those book-sized cases (i.e. Jethro Tull, Marillion remasters).

Edit: https://www.discogs.com/master/90711...ance-Damnation
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com