Page 145 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

I just searched Cardiacs on the BBC website and lo and behold I found the actual listing. It will be on Riley's show on BBC Radio 6 on 17 Jan at 1900 GMT. Read this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00021wq

"Plus archive sessions from Thomas Tantrum, Cardiacs, Bauhaus and Beth Gibbons."

So cassette recorders at the ready.

Thx.

Garage Concerts disc one today. A Wooden Fish on Wheels - I REALLY love the original, but this live one is also fucking glorious - the ska guitar stuff with Tim/Kavus is so damn powerful but also so fun! The riff is brilliant and the chord changes are bloody brilliant!
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I cant think of one single tune from the garage concerts where I would prefer the original studio recording. Maybe in a few cases I would prefer another live version.

Listening to some of Tim Smith's Extra Special OceanLandWorld tonight over a beer or two. What a great album this was. Astonishing, really. I love it so much.

I only see guitars, bass, and drums in Garage Concerts videos. Where are the keyboard sounds coming from?

Inside your mind.

Actually prerecorded tapes.

A little Rude Bootleg tonight while doing house shit. Ferocious!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Thx.

Garage Concerts disc one today. A Wooden Fish on Wheels - I REALLY love the original, but this live one is also fucking glorious - the ska guitar stuff with Tim/Kavus is so damn powerful but also so fun! The riff is brilliant and the chord changes are bloody brilliant!
    Funny thing about that cut - Babba hates his playing on that tune. LOL

I'm the other way when it comes to the Garage Concerts, I much prefer all the originals.

So Tim's spoken into to "Eating on Bed" on Rude Bootleg had me CRYING last night.....yes I was buzzed up, but its so insanely funny. Holy fuck. If you don't know it or haven't heard it inn a while, check it out. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by AndiSexgang View Post
    I'm the other way when it comes to the Garage Concerts, I much prefer all the originals.
    Really, that's cool. There is a certain charm to the originals for sure - Tim's voice is different and there is a certain 'vintage vibe' that is priceless. The Kavus band (Garage) was the (then) current evolution of the band at that time - SO ferocious and SO tight - its almost not to be believed, but of course the Rotten Shed is living proof. Garage concerts might be my favorite "air guitar" album of all time - no shit. And if I had my magical genie wish of pretty much any band I could have played in (in some deranged musical fantasy world), it would have probably been that band (or maybe Hatfield 1975). Live Cardiacs in general is just the best imo.

So Tim's spoken into to "Eating on Bed" on Rude Bootleg had me CRYING last night.....yes I was buzzed up, but its so insanely funny. Holy fuck. If you don't know it or haven't heard it inn a while, check it out. Wow.
    "Jim's too fat and going to die, probably"

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    "Jim's too fat and going to die, probably"
    I remember wondering "who's Jim?"
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

No matter how many times I play - it delivers more and more subtle cool nuances - you really need to hear it - its amazingly tits. Madman David Minnick makes crazy.

https://davidminnick1.bandcamp.com/album/singin-to-god

No matter how many times I play - it delivers more and more subtle cool nuances - you really need to hear it - its amazingly tits. Madman David Minnick makes crazy.

Absolutely !! one of my favorites of 2018. I've played this to people that are not Cardiacs fans and they enjoy the experience.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Absolutely !! one of my favorites of 2018. I've played this to people that are not Cardiacs fans and they enjoy the experience.
    Yes. And Yes.

In between the Canterbury stuff I've been alternating/sneaking in both Rude Bootleg and Cardiacs Live.....just wow on both of those.

Yes. And Yes.

In between the Canterbury stuff I've been alternating/sneaking in both Rude Bootleg and Cardiacs Live.....just wow on both of those.
    You can hear me scream like an idiot in tbe audience on Cardiacs live.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Ha! I'm on at least one as well... but its a KC show from 95 and only released on DGMLIVE - but its fun to have! Back to David M's masterpiece - 'As Quiet As A Mouse' ----- that one is I think scarier on Minnick's Singin version... yikes!

First time I've ever listened to any of this and Wireless is really cracking me up.

There is a certain charm to the originals for sure - Tim's voice is different and there is a certain 'vintage vibe' that is priceless.
    "a certain charm" Are you joking? The orginals of these songs are absolutely amazing. But perhaps it is due to coming to Cardiacs at different periods. I came to them in the late 80s and heard all these old songs on original cassettes and copied cassettes from friends long before the Garage Concerts. I also saw the orignal line up live in the last year of their gigging. I love the Garage Concerts don't get me wrong, but like with any music, having heard the originals first I prefer them.

Quote Originally Posted by AndiSexgang View Post
    "a certain charm" Are you joking? The orginals of these songs are absolutely amazing. But perhaps it is due to coming to Cardiacs at different periods. I came to them in the late 80s and heard all these old songs on original cassettes and copied cassettes from friends long before the Garage Concerts. I also saw the orignal line up live in the last year of their gigging. I love the Garage Concerts don't get me wrong, but like with any music, having heard the originals first I prefer them.
    I wasnt a big fan of Peter's voice on the very early stuff - what say you Andi? - Tim's is just the perfect fit in any era of the band.

Lucky bastard.

I wasnt a big fan of Peter's voice on the very early stuff - what say you Andi? - Tim's is just the perfect fit in any era of the band.
    I liked his voice a lot but of course when Tim took over it was much better.

My claim to fame is that on a recording of Morrissey in Sweden in 2006, all of a sudden during that expectant lull in the crowd noise waiting for a couple of minutes before the next song just after Morrissey has finished his introduction for the song and during their minute or two preparation, you can hear loud and clear above everythinfg else, "LIFE IS A PIGSTY!"