Page 72 of 185 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

chalkpie
    Sorry for the sort-of O/T question here, but how does one (me) go about taking all of my Cardiacs mp3's (albums) on the go - say on my Nexus tablet? I don't use iTunes but I do have a Spotify subscription - basically I want to be able to listen to Sing to God, Guns, Mares Nest, etc when I am taking my walks, etc. I know there should be an easy way to do this, but I am pretty useless when it comes to this shit. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Sorry for the sort-of O/T question here, but how does one (me) go about taking all of my Cardiacs mp3's (albums) on the go - say on my Nexus tablet? I don't use iTunes but I do have a Spotify subscription - basically I want to be able to listen to Sing to God, Guns, Mares Nest, etc when I am taking my walks, etc. I know there should be an easy way to do this, but I am pretty useless when it comes to this shit. Thanks in advance.
    There is (or was) a way to store local music to your portable devices using Spotify, in a manner similar to how iTunes does it. I will do some checking on my Spotify app to see, as I haven't done this in a while.

It should be possible though. I'll report back in a minute...

Edit: Apparently that functionality is no longer present on the current version of Spotify.

Still, there should be another solution. I take it the Nexus tablet runs Android as it's operating system?

Maybe this article would help: http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/...ic-on-nexus-7/

Not sure if this is the right kind of tablet though. :\
    Last edited by aith01; 08-04-2015 at 12:07 AM.

I use Mediamonkey and create playlists that I can sync with my device (like old-iTunes without the Apple bullshit, basically).

Assuming it works like my android phone does, you should be able to connect the tablet to your computer with a mini USB cable and then drag and drop the music into the tablet's music folder.

chalkpie
    Thanks for the tips fellas - I will try some of these things

Lately the track that has been stuck in my head is Insect Hoofs On Lassie. What a killer tune.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Lately the track that has been stuck in my head is Insect Hoofs On Lassie. What a killer tune.
    What a bass part, eh?

What a bass part, eh?
    Yes sir. It's sheer madness I tell you!

"Carrying a cluster of bee eggies..." Love it.

And here's a wonderful instrumental version of the song... the bass sings...

God I love the instrumental. The amazing piano/keys really shines now. One of my favorite tunes
    "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"
    -Frank Zappa

chalkpie
    I wonder if Tim wrote that bass line or was it created when the band was learning the tune itself? My guess would be Tim had the damn thing in his head, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Sterbus View Post
    And here's a wonderful instrumental version of the song... the bass sings...

That was awesome!

Does this track exist as a B-side on a CD somewhere? Is there a legit way to obtain it?

I've been thinking for a while about what to write back on this thread. I have long replies written in my mind, but I've decided you don't want all my blah blah. Instead, I'll just say that I've revisited my purchases a few times since I bought them (earlier this thread) and they only keep growing for me.

Cardiacs is an Escher staircase. Every note is better than the last and every current song is my favorite.

That was awesome!

Does this track exist as a B-side on a CD somewhere? Is there a legit way to obtain it?
    http://www.discogs.com/Cardiacs-Meet...elease/1388685

"In instrumental form to facilitate your COMPULSORY choral collaboration. With respect."

There's also this, from the Signs single. The verses sound like the world's most oppressive shop music.

You rotten bastards finally got me.

GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    You rotten bastards finally got me.

GUNS
    BIG fan here!

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    BIG fan here!
    Friend of mine gave me another nudge today and said - GUNS. Dare you to start on that one. I've been away from this for a time and it was time again. Now it stuck to the wall. Ready to eat!

I'm a big GUNS-Fire Fan ... What can I say?

I think the hooks are now set... damn if I aint getting reeled in now. Hope my captor is into catch and release!? Tim is a nice bloke right? LOL

chalkpie
    Newbie, eh? Steve F is gonna like you

Newbie, eh? Steve F is gonna like you
    Oh boy... haha. My wife isn't.

There's Good Cud is flippin' amazing. Guns as a whole is one awesome ride! One of the best I think
    "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"
    -Frank Zappa

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieto View Post
    There's Good Cud is flippin' amazing. Guns as a whole is one awesome ride! One of the best I think
    I have no qualms with regards to Guns as good as anything they ever did - and it contains some of the best tunes, period. I'm sure that LSD would have been the greatest album of Tim's career, and that is without hearing a note of it. I say this because Tim's creativity and inspiration was endless - again my analogy to Mozart is not too far off in this respect - and his knowledge of all things music was at an all-time high. The direction of Tim's music post-Sing to God was really beautiful and different.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    I think the hooks are now set... damn if I aint getting reeled in now. Hope my captor is into catch and release!? Tim is a nice bloke right? LOL
    Dude - if you are just getting into this music, I offer you my sincerest congratulations. Your life is forever altered - I'm sure I have said this very thing many times before

There is not a single day that goes by in my life these days where I am not either thinking about Cardiacs or actually playing it. I have to actually force myself to NOT play this music in order to explore other stuff. Musical heroin.