Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

  1. #3676
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,137
    I'll be in Edinburgh on 13 July with my family, a trip to Salisbury is just not in the cards from there. Boo.

  2. #3677
    Worthy of Laudation thedunno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    746
    Crayola lectern actually has Jon Poole, Bob Leith and Bic Hayes in the band

    Nice melodic pop with a twist. Very Brittish.
    https://crayolalectern.bandcamp.com/releases

  3. #3678
    Worthy of Laudation thedunno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    746
    I Live what I heared of V L V Ē. Thanks Ian.

    There are a lot people named Emily Jones on bandcamp. I think it might be this one (but also might not be) : https://owltextures.bandcamp.com/
    Dark cinematic stuff

    Will the real Emily Jones please rise?

  4. #3679
    Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    I Live what I heared of V L V Ē. Thanks Ian.

    There are a lot people named Emily Jones on bandcamp. I think it might be this one (but also might not be) : https://owltextures.bandcamp.com/
    Dark cinematic stuff
    That is indeed the "real" Emily.

  5. #3680
    Member Phlakaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    596
    I wanna pull the trigger on this trip soooo bad but damn if I cant predict some things coming up - so spending a small fortune for me isnt in the cards - GAHHHHH!!!! Oh yeah - oldest boy graduates too - and college - and trips - and no money - and house repairs - and ...fuggg. I'm still gonna try!

  6. #3681
    Member Phlakaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Drake View Post
    That is indeed the "real" Emily.
    and I want to have a drink or two with Mr. Drake!

  7. #3682
    Member Phlakaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    596
    Got my trip sorted for Salisbury! Hells yes... cant wait to see this lineup of amazing bands and get sloshed beyond reason with Pondies!

  8. #3683
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Got my trip sorted for Salisbury! Hells yes... cant wait to see this lineup of amazing bands and get sloshed beyond reason with Pondies!
    Jealous! Have fun!
    Ian

    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  9. #3684
    Member Phlakaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Jealous! Have fun!
    We'll miss ya man!

  10. #3685
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Got my trip sorted for Salisbury! Hells yes... cant wait to see this lineup of amazing bands and get sloshed beyond reason with Pondies!
    Nice ya bastard!
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  11. #3686
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Got my trip sorted for Salisbury! Hells yes... cant wait to see this lineup of amazing bands and get sloshed beyond reason with Pondies!
    Be sure to drink a pint for me!

  12. #3687
    Thinking I need to queue up some Sing To God this morning. I haven't spun that album in ages, and I miss it. "Dog-Like Sparky", here I come!

    Edit: Wow! I forgot what a great song "Flap Off You Beak" is. Gotta be a Top 5 track for me.
    Last edited by aith01; 03-29-2019 at 11:40 AM.

  13. #3688
    Worthy of Laudation thedunno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Thinking I need to queue up some Sing To God this morning. I haven't spun that album in ages, and I miss it. "Dog-Like Sparky", here I come!

    Edit: Wow! I forgot what a great song "Flap Off You Beak" is. Gotta be a Top 5 track for me.
    Yup. People mostly seem to mention Sparky, Fiery gun hand and Dirty Boy as standout tracks but for me 'Flap' is easily on par with these tracks.

    .....and Foundling as well

    And Nurses...Bellyeye....damnit! The whole album!

  14. #3689
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Yup. People mostly seem to mention Sparky, Fiery gun hand and Dirty Boy as standout tracks but for me 'Flap' is easily on par with these tracks.

    .....and Foundling as well

    And Nurses...Bellyeye....damnit! The whole album!
    Yes, and yes, and yes, and........

    Beyond amazing, that.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  15. #3690
    Worthy of Laudation thedunno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    746
    Just posted on FB:

    The Alphabet Business Convention

    Hello everyone. It is with great regret that we have to tell you Spratleys Japs have had to pull out of the Alphabet Business Convention due to the ill-health of Jo Spratley. Please send her love in your thoughts for a speedy recovery. She will return with her unique brand of star-like very soon, we hope. Get well soon, Jo!

  16. #3691
    Member Phlakaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Just posted on FB:

    The Alphabet Business Convention

    Hello everyone. It is with great regret that we have to tell you Spratleys Japs have had to pull out of the Alphabet Business Convention due to the ill-health of Jo Spratley. Please send her love in your thoughts for a speedy recovery. She will return with her unique brand of star-like very soon, we hope. Get well soon, Jo!
    Read this morning too. Such a bummer. Was really looking forward to hearing KLOG live. Jo must really have some problems to manage.

  17. #3692
    Member Phlakaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    596
    I guess I'll be forced to drink all day with Damo. :P

  18. #3693
    Member doh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    234
    Finally picked this up after seeing it a few pages back in this thread: https://davidminnick1.bandcamp.com/album/singin-to-god

    It's so much fun. I don't think I would enjoy it without enjoying the original so much, but I also think that this version helps me enjoy the original even more. It's a very symbiotic relationship.

  19. #3694
    Member Phlakaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Finally picked this up after seeing it a few pages back in this thread: https://davidminnick1.bandcamp.com/album/singin-to-god

    It's so much fun. I don't think I would enjoy it without enjoying the original so much, but I also think that this version helps me enjoy the original even more. It's a very symbiotic relationship.
    The small things sprout out after about 10 listens - and they keep coming - 'Quiet As A Mouse' - dare I say even scarier on David's version!

  20. #3695
    Member adap2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Finally picked this up after seeing it a few pages back in this thread: https://davidminnick1.bandcamp.com/album/singin-to-god

    It's so much fun. I don't think I would enjoy it without enjoying the original so much, but I also think that this version helps me enjoy the original even more. It's a very symbiotic relationship.
    Got this more than a year ago. I think it's brilliant! I can get people that don't listen to Cardiacs, to listen to this because it's a Capella and a great topic of discussion.
    Dave Sr.

    I prefer Nature to Human Nature

  21. #3696
    Member Phlakaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    596
    Bump ---- for the kidZ

  22. #3697
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,137
    I think "Big Ship" is my fav on some days. Literally listen to that tune on repeat mode.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  23. #3698
    Worthy of Laudation thedunno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I think "Big Ship" is my fav on some days. Literally listen to that tune on repeat mode.
    At times when I need a bit of positivity in my life "big ship" always delivers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •