Page 137 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

^. What he said.

Listen, I know it sounds like we've been brainwashed into some cult (and I ain't disputin'), but you can basically buy everything In chronological order. Start with the wonderful reissue of "The Seaside" and let it sink in. If you like the Shed DVD, you should dig it. Eventually, you will want them all (probably).

I just picked up the Shed DVD from Wayside and I also acquired the "Signs" CD single on ebay. Does anyone have any information about the non album track, "Sang all Away Away. It's a fantastic little number and a nice addition to my ever growing Cardiacs collection.

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

^Yep.

Who else writes with that much joyous harmonic movement, not to mention incorporating odd time, but its so fucking brilliantly implemented in every aspect. Also, you can be humming this for weeks after hearing it ONE time. To me, all of that = brilliant writing.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    ^Yep.

Who else writes with that much joyous harmonic movement, not to mention incorporating odd time, but its so fucking brilliantly implemented in every aspect. Also, you can be humming this for weeks after hearing it ONE time. To me, all of that = brilliant writing.
    pretty much what I think about that one too - nicely put Chalkpie! Not to mention that sucker is planted in my head again now - thats the way we all go!

Does anyone know what album that track was intended for? I also love that little "music box" bit starting at 30 seconds to 36 seconds in.

Quote Originally Posted by florentine pogen View Post
    Does anyone know what album that track was intended for? I also love that little "music box" bit starting at 30 seconds to 36 seconds in.
    Could be 'Guns' but no clue really. It is on the 'Signs' single so...

Less than £1500 to go to achieve Tim's revised target of £100 000. Wonderful work to all involved ... let's hope they get to 100k by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post
    Less than £1500 to go to achieve Tim's revised target of £100 000. Wonderful work to all involved ... let's hope they get to 100k by the end of the week.
    A thing of beauty innit.

THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT!!!

i dropped another £20 in as they were on about £99 500 and some wonderful people immediately threw in another £500 from a marathon sponsorship.

Congratulations to everyone who's contributed or shared information about this campaign. Let's hope it keeps going to fund Timmy's care further.

It appears they had a full year to raise that amount, and it's been only about a month or so...so yeah, one would expect they'll continue to get some funds.

I very much hope it helps.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND DONE IT!!!

i dropped another £20 in as they were on about £99 500 and some wonderful people immediately threw in another £500 from a marathon sponsorship.

Congratulations to everyone who's contributed or shared information about this campaign. Let's hope it keeps going to fund Timmy's care further.
    I think it was a friend of mine who did a dance-a-thon... too awesome it was realized! The number keeps going up too. This is wonderful.

Did anyone happen to listen to Stuart Marconie on the Freak Show (BBC 6MUSIC) last night? They had Sing to God as the featured album (played Eden on the Air, Fiery Gun Hand, Nurses Whispering Verses and Dirty Boy appararently), but also had an update on Tim's health. I missed most of it so didn't hear if there was any Timmy news. Anyone hear it?

Also, good to see the ABC are re-releasing Archive Cardiacs on vinyl (and digipak CD) this week.

Did anyone happen to listen to Stuart Marconie on the Freak Show (BBC 6MUSIC) last night? They had Sing to God as the featured album (played Eden on the Air, Fiery Gun Hand, Nurses Whispering Verses and Dirty Boy appararently), but also had an update on Tim's health. I missed most of it so didn't hear if there was any Timmy news. Anyone hear it?

Also, good to see the ABC are re-releasing Archive Cardiacs on vinyl (and digipak CD) this week.
    I didnt but Kavus was talking about Timmy a month of so ago - he was poorly - I guess when he gets an infection it puts him in hospital and can be very serious. I think he has been looking better recently but hard to know for sure. Kavus could shed some light perhaps (yes - shed - I stopped and paused - now I must play it!) I'm so happy the 100k everyone raised at least gets him the PROPER help!

It was the Freak Zone show with Stuart Marconie that Kavus was initially on, discussing Tim's health and the Just Giving campaign. Last night's show promised an 'update' on Tim's health, so i presume something has changed (hopefully positive) since Kavus was originally on it. Can't seem to find anything on social media, including the various Cardiacs Facebook groups, so i'm hoping there was nothing particularly worrying.

Ordered the new digipack version of the archive release.

Ordered Guns for good measure, too.

I'm guessing these things will make me happy.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Ordered the new digipack version of the archive release.

Ordered Guns for good measure, too.

I'm guessing these things will make me happy.
    Guns suck but Guns is amazing.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

YES.

^ What he said.

Seriously, "Come Back Clammy Lammy" is one of the most unrelenting (and unrelentingly great) tracks ever, in my humble opinion. It's near the top of my fave Cardiacs songs list.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    ^ What he said.

Seriously, "Come Back Clammy Lammy" is one of the most unrelenting (and unrelentingly great) tracks ever, in my humble opinion. It's near the top of my fave Cardiacs songs list.
    The bass is really cool on that one... and hell yeah - just slaps you in the face - over and over and over - like Tim would! Poor HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    The bass is really cool on that one... and hell yeah - just slaps you in the face - over and over and over - like Tim would! Poor HIM.
    And one of Tims best vocal performances too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    And one of Tims best vocal performances too.
    Totally agree with you gentlemen. It’s an amazingly good track on an excellent CD. Has anyone’s here heard the vinyl edition of Guns?

I’m currently listening to the copy of HBaEB on vinyl, finally getting a chance to spin it. It sounds soooooo good. Seems the harshness is pretty much gone and you can hear everything so much better.

Now represented on Bandcamp!

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Now represented on Bandcamp!
    https://alphabet-business-concern.bandcamp.com/