Page 120 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00005793840353

Forget Trump, Putin, Erdogan, le Pen and Wilders, The man spoke![emoji106] [emoji106]
    It will be a good year.
    Last edited by thedunno; 02-10-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00005793840353

Forget Trump, Putin, Erdogan, le Pen and Wilders, The man spoke![emoji106] [emoji106]
    It will be a good year.
    It really made me happy to see... REALLY HAPPY

"But i digress cos this letter is by no means a mermear channel for my brain thoughts since they swapped my brain for raspberry jam."

seems legit!
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

How was the recent Spratleys gig?

I'm still hoping for some shows a bit more oop north at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by loosefish View Post
    How was the recent Spratleys gig?

I'm still hoping for some shows a bit more oop north at some point.
    Really, really good. Very psychedelic and true to the sound of Pony. The band were great and Jo Spratley gets your undivided attention on stage. It was pretty moving seeing those songs done on stage and hopefully they'll do something up in your area at some point this year - the couple of gigs they've done so far seem to have been pretty successful. Highlights were the final couple of songs - a great version of Flap Off You Beak with Kavus and a brilliant Don't You Ail ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post
    Really, really good. Very psychedelic and true to the sound of Pony. The band were great and Jo Spratley gets your undivided attention on stage. It was pretty moving seeing those songs done on stage and hopefully they'll do something up in your area at some point this year - the couple of gigs they've done so far seem to have been pretty successful. Highlights were the final couple of songs - a great version of Flap Off You Beak with Kavus and a brilliant Don't You Ail ....
    +1 - London gig was really awesome. For me one of the best show experiences I've had - not that it was hard to get with so many Pondies and lovely people in attendance too. It sounded like Kavus played a bit of the keyboard part on guitar at the beginning of 'Flap' too. Man... an excellent show and not long enough if I was to have any complaint. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    +1 - London gig was really awesome. For me one of the best show experiences I've had - not that it was hard to get with so many Pondies and lovely people in attendance too. It sounded like Kavus played a bit of the keyboard part on guitar at the beginning of 'Flap' too. Man... an excellent show and not long enough if I was to have any complaint. haha
    I was wondering, for future gigs, what other Cardiacs tracks would be suitable for Spratley's to cover. What songs could 'fit in'? Obviously, the rockier/heavier end of the spectrum wouldn't really suit them, but there's a few tracks off Guns which i think they could do justice to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Flower View Post
    I was wondering, for future gigs, what other Cardiacs tracks would be suitable for Spratley's to cover. What songs could 'fit in'? Obviously, the rockier/heavier end of the spectrum wouldn't really suit them, but there's a few tracks off Guns which i think they could do justice to.
    I would personally love to hear 'No Gold.' 'Song of a Dead Pest' might work really well. That bass is right in Jesse's wheelhouse.

They played Odd Even at the Brunswick in Brighton a week back. It was sensational.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    They played Odd Even at the Brunswick in Brighton a week back. It was sensational.
    Another one of my favorites. Wish I could have been there...

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    Heard the rehearsal bit and got all frothy - must have been hot shit at the show! BTW - I was loving your set this weekend Kavus - thank you to the beautiful Johnny B for dropping that live broadcast for us and hey - thank you for the nod through Johnny. Made my day.

Thanks man, I've been doing these solo performances infrequently since last year. In three odd decades of playing in bands I had never done anything like this before so, initially, they were terrifying.
    The last couple, with The Japs and this weekend have been far more enjoyable. I think I'm starting to relax into it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    What more do you want? I play this on a very regular basis. Love it!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Damn it doesn't get any better than this
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^^that's missing the second encore (filmed guerrilla style by (i'm guessing) The Consultant).

^Holy fuck that is great! Can't imagine a proper audio recording of that.

I was just listening to a random classical record (piano music of the Icelandic composer Jón Leifs) and suddenly heard a piece from 1925 that if I didn't know better I would think was a piano transcription of a long-lost Tim Smith song. It's really uncanny. No YouTube link but here's a Spotify one: https://open.spotify.com/track/6gm3OAss6YaJSkTwjzfjMJ

Quote Originally Posted by dfan View Post
    I was just listening to a random classical record (piano music of the Icelandic composer Jón Leifs) and suddenly heard a piece from 1925 that if I didn't know better I would think was a piano transcription of a long-lost Tim Smith song. It's really uncanny. No YouTube link but here's a Spotify one: https://open.spotify.com/track/6gm3OAss6YaJSkTwjzfjMJ
    Ha - great call! It really does! I love Leifs - I own about 4 or 5 discs of his symphonic music (on this same label BIS), but I had never spun his piano music. Thanks so much for the heads-up.

The song is a bit hacked but the video is the sweet spot... if anyone hasnt seen this its pretty nifty for a good pro view of Timmy especially.

This is painful... I want to be there!! I think I used up my credit for travel and expenses in January. Arrrgggg.... Bob is playing too! I knew it!

Sir Bob Drake playing this too??!! Unbelievable. We're going back to Europe in July but not in this area of the world. OH man, what a treat this is going to be.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Haha - I have all my trips booked for the year, one week before ProgDay
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Haha - I have all my trips booked for the year, one week before ProgDay
    How many Europe trips you doing this year?