Page 117 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4624

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

Anybody dig "There's Good Cud"? I do. Its a a rip and a half. Great way to kick off the Greatest Hits album too.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post

Where you headed once you're there?
    Flight arrives Saturday before lunch - so I'm just gonna take the train or whatever is recommended from Heathrow downtown (Oyster card?) - screw around with whoever is around until the Knifeworld/Admirals Hard show - then crash until Sunday night for the Spratleys/Guapo show. My accommodations are with my friend on the east side of London - far from the airport so why bother going 58 miles over there before Saturday's show right. Gonna be apeshit. A blast!

Anybody dig "There's Good Cud"? I do. Its a a rip and a half. Great way to kick off the Greatest Hits album too.
    Friggin awesome. Guns was my gateway album.

LOVE it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Flight arrives Saturday before lunch - so I'm just gonna take the train or whatever is recommended from Heathrow downtown (Oyster card?) - screw around with whoever is around until the Knifeworld/Admirals Hard show - then crash until Sunday night for the Spratleys/Guapo show. My accommodations are with my friend on the east side of London - far from the airport so why bother going 58 miles over there before Saturday's show right. Gonna be apeshit. A blast!
    I'm checking out if I can make that trip work, wife asked "why aren't u going?"
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by thehard View Post
    Wow - cheers for this. The tears I just shed at reading the last paragraph are real - the most beautiful and inspirational thing I've experienced in a while. We love you Tim.

Wow - cheers for this. The tears I just shed at reading the last paragraph are real - the most beautiful and inspirational thing I've experienced in a while. We love you Tim.
    Wow, no kidding! Have to admire Tim's determination and strength in the face of these challenges. I hope the best for him, and that he is able to keep moving forward.

About 41 mins of badass videos have surfaced on youtube! Enjoy!!

This band must mean trouble - restricted here at school. Will check out later - thx sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    ^ That'll be a weekend of fun for anyone in London who likes 'that kind of thing'. The previous evening (14th) will be a Knifeworld acoustic show with Admirals Hard at The Islington.

I'll be preforming sets with three bands in two days which will be a first. Very fucking excited to see Spratleys, I was unable to attend the Brighton show but apparently it was spectacular.
    I'm one of those maniacs flying over to see you play with three bands! Spratleys should be a fantastic capper to the weekend... about as close as I can get to a Cardiacs weekend now. So I'm saying to hell with money and hitting the skies! If I have a drink with everyone I want to meet from the Cardiacs group - I'll be dead by Sunday morning. HA.
    Tickets bought, flights & hotel booked, I'll be there that weekend, super stoked, can't wait.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Right on, Ian! Look forward to seeing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    Right on, Ian! Look forward to seeing you.
    Its a party! I havent been this excited in a long ass time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton
    Finally the elusive Camden Falcon shoot appears! I'm hoping there's more in the can, i think this was the night Bill and Sarah re-joined for the encore.

Get Spratleys to Manchester!

Seconded.

And Knifeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I know, right? If only I lived on the other side of the pond, I'd totally attend this.
    It's a local gig (or two) for me.... unfortunately I will be in China. D'oh!

Finishing off work this morning for Xmas, so won't be able to reguarly view/contribute for a week or so, so i thought i'd take this opportunity to wish all Pondies on here a very Merry Xmas ... it's been another of fabulous discussion, and the warmth & humanity this thread exudes is second to none.
    Looking forward to a great start to 2017 with the Spratleys Japs/Guapo gig ... i hope to meet up with some of you there.
    Best wishes, Mr. F

Happy Christmas to you all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Twickerman View Post
    Happy Christmas to you all!!!!
    Likewise brother! MY day starts off with an ear-bleeding "In a City Lining" in my car at 7:45 AM. The best.

Merry Christmas! Hopefully we can meet at the gigs.
    Ian

Listening to the new Sea Nymphs for the first time now. This was so unanimously praised, that an eternal contrarian in me was ready to be disappointed, but well, how can one resist a record like this? Looks like an AOTY contender for me, and I perfectly know this is a stupid thing to say since I haven't even played the damned thing till the end, but I'll be really surprised if it doesn't make my 2016 ballot. Wow! Also, I just realized, how much I missed Tim's songwriting (not to take away from Sarah and Mr. Drake, of course). Just the very thought of hearing something from him that I've not heard before makes me smile.

Hmmm, it seems I posted this in the wrong thread, as I just found one dedicated to the Sea Nymphs LP. I guess it's listening to Tim Smith's music that made me disoriented!

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    Listening to the new Sea Nymphs for the first time now. This was so unanimously praised, that an eternal contrarian in me was ready to be disappointed, but well, how can one resist a record like this? Looks like an AOTY contender for me, and I perfectly know this is a stupid thing to say since I haven't even played the damned thing till the end, but I'll be really surprised if it doesn't make my 2016 ballot. Wow! Also, I just realized, how much I missed Tim's songwriting (not to take away from Sarah and Mr. Drake, of course). Just the very thought of hearing something from him that I've not heard before makes me smile.
    Glad you love it. Everything Tim wrote was gold. Genius.

Finally got the new Sea Nymphs and will be spending time with it over the holidays. Looking forward to it, will report back when I actually have something to say (as opposed to now!)

It's worth noting that I still haven't picked up any William D. Drake CDs, despite promising to do so, and despite being a major Cardiacs & related fan. For this transgression, I will allow myself to be publicly horsewhipped.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Topped off my collection today with

Cardiacs Live
    Rude Bootleg
    Archive

Side 2 of Live OMG, I saw God ...
    Rude Bootleg is one of the fiercest live performances I've ever heard committed to tape. Tim's intros slay me.