Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No one expects the Spanish Inquisition

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition

How about a video of yourself flipping through your vinyl lps?

I sold all my LPs last November so I cannot post a new video, but I still have a few photos.

IMG_0789.jpg

Not a single person with vinyl will do this.

No commitment.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Hey, I just got up. If I had a video camera, or even a digital snapshot camera, I'd oblige.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I don't have a cell-phone either.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Here's a photo of my collection:

Too much work, even if I restricted it to my Beatles collection.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

It takes all of 10 minutes to flip thru 50-100 lps. (I think photobucket allows video of up to 11 minutes length)

LAME

Quote Originally Posted by Jandyce View Post
    It takes all of 10 minutes to flip thru 50-100 lps. (I think photobucket allows video of up to 11 minutes length)

LAME
    Ahh, but first you need to dig a path to them, and pull out all the boxes. We don't all have them on display.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

You can do better.

You DO know what you have just done, don't you?

You DO know what you have just done, don't you?
    Brought out the Comfy Chair?

What you think my chances are of getting some one here to post vinyl-flip video?

Virtually none.

It's too much bother. Even the obsessives on the Hoffman forum only post photos of their rooms.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...art-15.426744/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

It'd be easier with toys, all I'd have to do is a 360 in my collection room.

But I'm still too lazy to even do that, and I'd probably get dizzy and fall anyway. Forget the records, they'll sit in their milk crates unmolested, thankyouverymuch. Besides, I only have about 75.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Also, the subject line has NOTHING to do with the subject of the thread.

Yes it does.

The Spanish Inquisition (red-hot poker) poked into peeps private business.

(Vinyl collectors do not like to publicly display their hard-gotten gains. This is because it would educate others and get them searching for the raers , thus cutting into the chance of the poster scoring duplicates.

But you gotta admit: a thread like this, if allowed to flourish with contribution, would generate a lot of interest & talk regards the vinyl shown.

I think there are a lot of these vinyl videos on the snake oil audio forum. Did you check there?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Two movie recommendations for you Jandyce.

"This Too Shall Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records" - lotsa record flipping in this one

"I Need That Record!: The Death (or Possible Survival) of the Independent Record Store" - nothing BUT record flipping in this!

(Vinyl collectors do not like to publicly display their hard-gotten gains. This is because it would educate others and get them searching for the raers , thus cutting into the chance of the poster scoring duplicates.
    Or in my case, the list is somewhat embarrassing. My collection was maybe 10% really rare really cool items, 50% jazz and classical, 10% really common major label pop crap, and 30% junk of meaning only to me -- records from my late parents' collection, stuff I collected as a kid, stuff people gave me, ethnic records from Nonesuch, etc.

Unless you knew what to look for, the collection didn't appear to be that special. When I gave the database to the store, when I was trying to sell my collection, I arranged everything by estimated value, high items first.

That left a lot of dollar items.

I have nothing to protect by not setting up a video production of me flipping through my records, and then uploading it to some online site, like anyone gives a shit. It's a bit self-absorbed and, like others here, I have better things to do with my time.

Putting video online of the owner flipping through rare records could be like posting on Facebook that you're going to be gone on a 2 week vacation to the Bahamas, starting next week.

Confess! Confess!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by progmatist; 10-17-2016 at 02:38 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama