Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What ‘IF” albums you don’t like by a top prog band would have been released by ..

then I still wouldn't like them. bad music is bad music, regardless of who plays it. I find the whole premise of this thread preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

Btw, that "Video Killed the Radio Star" would sure have garnered much appreciation in here if the members of that genius band had previously been in The Osmonds or Village People - right?
    I wonder what people in general would think of The Osmonds albums Crazy Horses or The Plan (their infamous concept album about Mormonism) if they had been made by some unknown group who didn't have the pop culture associations we have with Donny, Merril, Alan, Jay and Wayne (or Marie, for that matter). Those are actually reasonably good records. They're not what call great, but they're sure a long way from One Bad Apple.

(yes, that's right, I actually know the names of all the Osmond siblings off the top of my head, what of it?!)

And personally, I rather like the 80's era Jethro Tull albums. A and Broadsword And The Beast I think are both great albums. Whatever the reasons for the existence of Under Wraps are, I think it's a rather decent synth-pop confection (and certainly the acoustic version of Under Wraps itself is great). A Crest Of The Knave I think is mostly a very strong return to form. I kinda lost track of them after that, apart from the song Kissing Willie (which I again rather like, silly video and all).

As for GTR, I like that album too, but I do wish it had gone differently, less synths, more instrumentals would have been nice, but hey, what else would expect from Clive Davis and his band of record company henchmen at Arista?!