Thread: Lifesigns: Pre-order (Pledge Music) campaign for new album Cardington

Lifesigns: Pre-order (Pledge Music) campaign for new album Cardington

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/lifesignsalbum

"It’s still hard to believe how far the band has come in a few short years, from local pubs to playing to nearly 50,000 people over the summer. Supporting Marillion in Germany through to festivals at Lorelei, Ramblin Man and Cropredy. A great deal of this is thanks to you our friends and supporters and the wonderful PledgeMusic. We have little or no press and radio so word of mouth is everything.
    Cardington will be the next stage in our growth.Cardington is the title track but this is not a concept CD just a concept track about some Sheds in Bedfordshire! We think those of you who joined with us in funding the live DVD/CD package (Under the Bridge) will know our commitment to quality. The music Lifesigns creates is both progressive and popular. It can be complex or simple but hopefully always melodic and uplifting. Thank you for all the Telephone boxes…. we look forward to the Airships."

FYI, in a matter of just a few days they have already reached 81% of their goal ... lets see if we can push it to 100% :-)

Lifesigns is such a phenomenal band! I could not wait for the campaign to start so I could pledge! I am so thrilled to see I am far from the only one to recognize their talents, and the campaign has gone so fantastically in its first few days! I believe they were too modest and did not ask for enough. I hope to see them reach 100% by the end of the work week, and only continue to collect further pledges so that hopefully the ridiculous cost of US visas will be partially financed! Maybe we can see some US shows to support the Cardington release!

Definitely looking forward to this. I don't do a lot of pledge/kickstarter type campaigns, but along with Marillion I've done a couple for Lifesigns.

It is going quite fast already on 97%. Gee, did my post here on PE earlier give it such a serious boost?

100% That was fast.

Very excited about this. From what I've gathered, there will be two "epics" (the title track "Cardington" and "N"), a 10 minute track ("Different") and 4 or 5 shorter songs, most of which have are on the live DVD.

I am bummed that they already reached their pledge goal. I wanted to contribute but had to wait until payday this Friday, the 14th. Now it's too late.

In any case, I'm looking forward to hearing the new album. They really need to come over to the States some time and play for us! (Hint, hint, fest organizers! )
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnibee View Post
    I am bummed that they already reached their pledge goal. I wanted to contribute but had to wait until payday this Friday, the 14th. Now it's too late.
    No it is not too late. Pledge campaigns can run over their intended target and as such it still is and will remain open for quite a while AFAIK.

^ That's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    No it is not too late. Pledge campaigns can run over their intended target and as such it still is and will remain open for quite a while AFAIK.
    Gotta have a bit extra left over to be able to pay for their well-deserved holiday after being stuck in the recording studio for so long.

In 3 or 4 days, they're at 122% of target. That's impressive.

Yay, thanks for letting me know I can still buy in!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain