Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glass Hammer - Bandcamp Hi-Rez Albums

Glass Hammer - Bandcamp Hi-Rez Albums

Hi-rez versions of Glass Hammer albums are finally starting to show up on Bandcamp.

Valkyrie has been up since the release date and everyone really seems to like the 24/44.1 files.
    https://glasshammer.bandcamp.com/alb...hi-res-edition

The Breaking of the World, mastered by Bob Katz has just gone up today. One of our best sounding albums. It's available at 24/96.
    https://glasshammer.bandcamp.com/alb...hi-res-version
    The Breaking of the World made Bob's "Honor Roll", and to quote him, the album is "warm, clear, open, big, and microdynamic. Plays well everywhere."

Over the next few weeks we'll be releasing more hi-res albums, all of which were mastered by Bob Katz and should sound amazing. So be sure to follow our Bandcamp page!

Enjoy!

Steve

Nice!

Out of curiosity, should TIS be available in hirez, would it be the original or the remix? At the risk of being excoriated, I prefer the latter .

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    The Breaking of the World, mastered by Bob Katz has just gone up today. One of our best sounding albums. It's available at 24/96.
    The Breaking of the World made Bob's "Honor Roll", and to quote him, the album is "warm, clear, open, big, and microdynamic. Plays well everywhere."

Enjoy!

Steve
    Purchased...as I said I would. Keep 'em coming.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Nice!

Out of curiosity, should TIS be available in hirez, would it be the original or the remix? At the risk of being excoriated, I prefer the latter .
    The remix is the only version we have at 24/96. We'll get that one uploaded soon.

Hi-rez versions of Glass Hammer albums are finally starting to show up on Bandcamp.

Valkyrie has been up since the release date and everyone really seems to like the 24/44.1 files.
    https://glasshammer.bandcamp.com/alb...hi-res-edition

Over the next few weeks we'll be releasing more hi-res albums, all of which were mastered by Bob Katz and should sound amazing. So be sure to follow our Bandcamp page!

Enjoy!

Steve
    This sound wonderful!

I apologize for my ignorance! Any difference between 24-96 hi rez and 24 bit - 441 khz?? Are both types better than cds? I do know that 24-96 is; how about 24 bit?
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lucetjosee69 View Post
    This sound wonderful!

I apologize for my ignorance! Any difference between 24-96 hi rez and 24 bit - 441 khz?? Are both types better than cds? I do know that 24-96 is; how about 24 bit?
    Thanks!

Both types will sound better than a CD if you have the right system to play them. There are probably others here who could explain the difference better, so I'll leave it to them.

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by lucetjosee69 View Post
    This sound wonderful!

Thanks!

Anybody want to know how much better Hi Rez audio can be just A-B the 16/44.1 of "Third Floor" on "The Breaking Of..." to the 24/96.

It's like black n' white TV vs HD.

Indded! Just purchased Valkyrie and must say that the sonic experience is totally worth it! Of course, musically, i knew that i would love it! Been a fan since the early days! When are the other albums coming in high-res??

https://glasshammer.bandcamp.com/tra...hi-res-edition

Just in time for Halloween. Cool Air (24 bit​​​/​​​44​​.​​1khz Hi​​​-​​​Res Edition)
    This is our Lovecraft tribute track from 2013 featuring Babb, Davison, Schendel and Shikoh. Creepy stuff. Lots of fun to record.

Just in time for Halloween. Cool Air (24 bit​​​/​​​44​​.​​1khz Hi​​​-​​​Res Edition)
    This is our Lovecraft tribute track from 2013 featuring Babb, Davison, Schendel and Shikoh. Creepy stuff. Lots of fun to record.
    Awesome - never heard it but instant purchase!

Hi-res Horror! Perilous just released on Bandcamp today. Mastered by Bob Katz. Fantastic sounding CD sounds even better at 24/96. Happy Halloween!

Perilous.jpg

Awesome, long time favorite Lovecraft short story (was adapted to a comic as well). Important to keep that AC unit in good repair

Perilous is the best sounding GH Hi-Res release yet. In As The Sun Dipped Low, all the guitar harmonic overtones are more audible...I can hear them change with every light touch of a finger. In the CD version, the guitar is just kind of "there."
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Perilous is the best sounding GH Hi-Res release yet. In As The Sun Dipped Low, all the guitar harmonic overtones are more audible...I can hear them change with every light touch of a finger. In the CD version, the guitar is just kind of "there."
    Do you know how it compares to the record, by any chance?

Perilous in hires sounds great, I agree. It has also slowly become my favorite of the Davison Trilogy.

Old man of prog
    Perilous in hires sounds great, I agree. It has also slowly become my favorite of the Davison Trilogy.
    Sounds great. Listened twice in a row today. I hope the other 2 are released in 24/96 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Sounds great. Listened twice in a row today. I hope the other 2 are released in 24/96 as well.
    Indeed, keep 'em coming.

See you're in New Heven; Stamford myself.

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    It will be done!

Old man of prog
    It will be done!
    ASAP please!!!

Just out of curiosity, how far back do you have 24/96 (or 44) masters?

Just out of curiosity, how far back do you have 24/96 (or 44) masters?
    Culture Of Ascent. But we're missing Three Cheers which was lost at Digital Domain. We'll put up Cor Cordium, If, The Inconsolable remix, and Culture very soon.

Old man of prog
    [QUOTE=Glass Hammer;636025]Culture Of Ascent. But we're missing Three Cheers which was lost at Digital Domain. We'll put up Cor Cordium, If, The Inconsolable remix, and Culture very soon.[/QUOTE

Pretty please!! I'm fiending .

Culture Of Ascent. But we're missing Three Cheers which was lost at Digital Domain. We'll put up Cor Cordium, If, The Inconsolable remix, and Culture very soon.
    Sweet!

Although that is a bummer about Three Cheers. Sorry to hear that.

'The Inconsolable Remix'. I like that

I'm in for all four.

Old man of prog
    I'm playing "Perilous" 24/96 on "repeat" for the last week.