Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Jadis album Oct 24!!

New Jadis album Oct 24!!

I just stumbled across this news today after visiting the Jadis website. I can't wait for this one. The previous CD was fantastic.

And if I'm not mistaken...it looks like Martin Orford is playing on the album? He is pictured with Gary and Steve on the website. Oh yeah!!!!!!

edit: yes, Martin is indeed involved: "We have also been fortunate this time to get some excellent musical contributions from former Jadis keyboard player Martin Orford, who will be playing some keyboard solos, piano, backing vocals, flute and some hurdy gurdy."

Wow, that's a surprise. I was just listening to Across the Water the other day and it sent me back to the heady days of 1993. But I thought I'd read a while back that Gary's health issues were making it increasingly difficult for him to continue. Glad to hear that's not the case.

Probably the best news is that Martin has been dragged out of retirement. He's far too good a composer and musician to not be making a contribution somehow.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Agreed. I love his 2 solo albums, and wish he would do a 3rd.

Wow. Excellent news. And Orford is involved??

Quote Originally Posted by progfan915 View Post
    Agreed. I love his 2 solo albums, and wish he would do a 3rd.
    Really hope this happens. I've played those two to death.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

That's great news, long time Jadis fan here, good that MH is involved too!

I hope it harks back to the first two albums which are neo-prog classics IMO but quality did waver after those two!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    I hope it harks back to the first two albums which are neo-prog classics IMO but quality did waver after those two!
    Have to agree there, there's been some very weak albums in the latter years.

I doubt you've even heard the first two.

Regardless, I'd probably rate Somersault as their high water mark.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I doubt you've even heard the first two.

Regardless, I'd probably rate Somersault as their high water mark.
    Your problem not mine! Lost count how many times I saw Jadis around the time those albums where released and many times after! Definitely don't agree with Somersault, that's where quality began to really dip. There was a notable dip in quality when Orford left so I correlate it to that. I have a CD of rarities released a few years ago that has some interesting music not available elsewhere. Might have to 'dig' it out!

Excellent! I picked up a few of their albums I didn't have on CD from Bandcamp a few months back:

https://jadismusic.bandcamp.com/

It's good to hear new music is coming soon!

Your problem not mine! Lost count how many times I saw Jadis around the time those albums where released and many times after!
    You think Baboon Enquiries and the Jadis album are classics? I like them, but let's not get carried away.

You think Baboon Enquiries and the Jadis album are classics? I like them, but let's not get carried away.
    Of the Neo-Prog genre they are! Better chops and tunes than Trespass for sure!

Orcopian
    Great news, pre ordered yesterday. More than meets the eye is a total favourite of mine, all their albums have some good moments and I will always buy whatever they release as the music and production is high quality. It's an absolute bonus to have Martin orford playing. I was reminiscing with some friends the other day about seeing jadis supporting iq back in the 80's when they played their medley of children's tv tunes. Good times.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I think More Than Meets The Eye is very good - maybe the one before that too - can't remember well. Nothing else I'm aware of is terribly good neoprog, but I'm open to differing opinions.

However, I'm not comparing them to Tresspass...

Sigh...

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Big fan for many moons, great news.

Despite not exactly being the greatest fan of neo-prog, I love Jadis. This one has been pre-ordered and I look forward to picking it up when I come home to the UK at Christmas.

Happy to hear Martin is on it. I really miss him in IQ (with all due respect to Neil). I have a few Jadis discs from their earlier years but admit I haven't played any of them in a while. Maybe I should look into their latest releases including this one.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Jon Neudorf
    I just recently picked up a couple of the older ones and they are excellent. I also dig Photoplay quite alot. Chandler is an excellent player, very melodic with a tasty tone and is always welcome in my CD player. Really looking forward to this.

Regards,
    Jon

I assume he is referring to More Than Meets the Eye and Across The Water which I'm sure you realise too, those two are classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I assume he is referring to More Than Meets the Eye and Across The Water which I'm sure you realise too, those two are classics.
    He obviously doesn't though but thinks Trespass is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    I do, which is why I said that I doubt that he'd heard the first two. The 2 I listed are their first 2. MTMTE and ATW are their 3rd and 4th.

Dufus can laugh all he wants, but he doesn't realize that the joke's on him. When he recs something here, it's a pretty good indicator to the rest of us that it's not very good. When he trashes something, it's probably worth checking out. He's that rare combination of poor taste and lack of knowledge.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 10-14-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    I just recently picked up a couple of the older ones and they are excellent. I also dig Photoplay quite alot. Chandler is an excellent player, very melodic with a tasty tone and is always welcome in my CD player. Really looking forward to this.

Regards,
    Jon
    Well said! I find something to love on each Jadis release. IMO all releases are high quality, ranging from very good to astounding.

Man, I forgot all about these guys. A pox on my oily hide!

Have to check this mutha out and it also reminded me to check another band that has slipped my ever increasingly faulty mind; Abigail's Ghost. I see they have put out 2 CDs since the first one that I enjoyed so much.

Another pox on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Man, I forgot all about these guys. A pox on my oily hide!

Have to check this mutha out and it also reminded me to check another band that has slipped my ever increasingly faulty mind; Abigail's Ghost. I see they have put out 2 CDs since the first one that I enjoyed so much.

Another pox on me!
    I own the first two: Selling Insincerity and D_letion. I enjoy every single track on the debut (it's one of the most underrated albums post-2000). The second album has a couple pretty good tunes, but that's about it (imho). I wasn't even aware of a third album. Are they now defunct? Guess I'll have to do a little digging.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Sounds good, in fact no, it's sounds excellent!!!
    Auto-buy after hearing these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftK4q1gEo5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE7LdAn86SU