Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Yes to record another album

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    JIF, it's irrelevant if he'd be comfortable.

The whole conversation revolves around all parties wanting this to happen.

Obviously, it's not going to happen. But that's not the point of the discussion.
    Why is that irrelevant? If Yes doesn't work well with Jon, then they won't work with him. Btw, the only "party" that wants Anderson and Yes to work together again is you. No one else has mentioned it, because they don't see it happening. In fact, someone on Yes Fans mentioned that it would take Chris calling Jon down to the studio for Anderson to be involved in the writing. Well, we all know how good Chris is about picking up the phone. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Btw, the only "party" that wants Anderson and Yes to work together again is you. No one else has mentioned it, because they don't see it happening.
    Well, aren't we being just a tiny bit presumptuous? I would bet that so-called "party," which includes me, would be significantly larger than the one that wants another singer who sounds like Jon.

While I'm certainly willing to give Davison a chance, Jon always was, and, IMO, will always be, the spirit of yes.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'm quite looking forward to what Jon Davidson brings to the table. Probably more intrigued than if Jon A was back in the driving seat. I didn't much care for ABWH or Magnification and really disliked the KTA stuff so I'm more than happy to hear a Glass Hammer/Yes mash up (although I realise that's not much of a mash).

Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    I'm quite looking forward to what Jon Davidson brings to the table. Probably more intrigued than if Jon A was back in the driving seat.
    Yes, absolutely. Davison is the wild card and we know he's writing for the album. I know what to expect from Anderson entirely, so the new blood into the extant mix makes me excited and hopeful we'll get something a little more unusual (yet, admittedly, not falling far from the tree).
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

I'm quite looking forward to what Jon Davidson brings to the table. Probably more intrigued than if Jon A was back in the driving seat. I didn't much care for ABWH or Magnification and really disliked the KTA stuff so I'm more than happy to hear a Glass Hammer/Yes mash up (although I realise that's not much of a mash).

Ditto!

I wouldn't expect a GH/Yes mashup. My main question is will JD be offering material that he thinks will fit in with Yes' classic 70s style, or will he try and steer it toward something more modern. I imagine Steve will be wanting to keep the legacy style intact, as will Chris (though CS has proven himself more open than Steve to modernizing Yes' sound.) Then there's the whole RTB factor. It could be interesting (and hopefully not crappy!)
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    (and hopefully not crappy!)
    Something we all can agree on.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I wouldn't expect a GH/Yes mashup. My main question is will JD be offering material that he thinks will fit in with Yes' classic 70s style, or will he try and steer it toward something more modern. I imagine Steve will be wanting to keep the legacy style intact, as will Chris (though CS has proven himself more open than Steve to modernizing Yes' sound.) Then there's the whole RTB factor. It could be interesting (and hopefully not crappy!)
    I would think, as a fan, Davison would want to help to create an album that is classic Yes(meaning from the '70s), yet modern. Can that be done? I do love the YesWest stuff, but I don't think that it's considered classic Yes. I did touch upon this on a Yes forum: why can't the band draw from all their classic albums and songs to create a fine work of art?
    Last edited by JIF; 01-22-2014 at 10:33 PM.

I recall one of the Glass Hammer guys saying that JD brought in a song for Cor Cordium (or another GH release), but Steve/Fred told him that it was "perfect" for Yes, so GH didn't use it. My guess is that song (or parts of it) will be on the new Yes effort.