Thread: New solo album "Arx Pilosa" now available

New solo album "Arx Pilosa" now available

It is available from www.reremegacorp.com, and in the USA from Morphius:
    https://bobdrake.bandcamp.com/album/arx-pilosa

I can't figure out how to embed a track here on PE, but you can hear 6 of the 20 tracks at the Morphius page.

Enjoy!

BD

I’ve only had a chance to listen to it twice and will need to give this many more spins. First impression? Similar to Lawn Ornaments (which is a very good thing, since it’s one of my favorite albums by anyone in any genre), but not quite as “overproduced”. I’ll crap on about this later once I’ve digested it more thoroughly.

BTW: There ought to be a thread on the main page for this album. IMO Arx Pilosa is going to be up there with the best of 2016 (alongside Knifeworld, Bent Knee, Gong, Meshuggah, Gorguts and, yes, Goblin Cock).
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Thanks, Bob! I'll be buying this as soon as my 'music fund' coffers are replenished!

Three plays so far; this is a killer album.

It is Immediately catchy yet has a lot of weirdness to discover. Think of lawn ornaments with the energy levels turned up a few notches. I also get a bit of a beach boys vibe now and then. My early favorite is 'the partenon replica' with a great steamy punkrock ending.
    I feel this is bound to become a favorite.

Great work mr Drake!

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Three plays so far; this is a killer album.

It is Immediately catchy yet has a lot of weirdness to discover. Think of lawn ornaments with the energy levels turned up a few notches. I also get a bit of a beach boys vibe now and then. My early favorite is 'the partenon replica' with a great steamy punkrock ending.
    I feel this is bound to become a favorite.

Great work mr Drake!
    Yeah, there’s some punk-level energy going on throughout. Also, those patented BD choirs are insane. Listening to Arx makes me realize what’s missing in most music these days: Good backing vocals!

Anyway, awesome album.
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

I bought this album! It will be here soon! Then I'll enjoy listening to it!!! Exclamation marks!!!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

It's really great! Need to give it a few good listens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Drake View Post
    It is available from www.reremegacorp.com, and in the USA from Morphius:
    https://bobdrake.bandcamp.com/album/arx-pilosa

I can't figure out how to embed a track here on PE, but you can hear 6 of the 20 tracks at the Morphius page.

Enjoy!

BD
    Fabulous, Bob. And, as usual, your way with a lyric narrative is brilliant

Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to a more complete digestion of this most excellent meal

K

BTW: the video on your site of you, i mean "Bear", singing "Water on the Moon" is priceless
    Last edited by Polypet; 10-17-2016 at 02:55 PM.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Thanks Kim! I'm really happy with Arx Pilosa, and hope some others like it too!

And that video of Beardog singing was my "educational" video for anyone trying to sing in an articulated jaw mask- best to keep the mic OUTSIDE! As you can hear...I knew I always had trouble singing in the fursuit but it didn't occur to me until then that it was due to the reasons described in the extensive blog post.

BD

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Drake View Post
    Thanks Kim! I'm really happy with Arx Pilosa, and hope some others like it too!

And that video of Beardog singing was my "educational" video for anyone trying to sing in an articulated jaw mask- best to keep the mic OUTSIDE! As you can hear...I knew I always had trouble singing in the fursuit but it didn't occur to me until then that it was due to the reasons described in the extensive blog post.

BD
    Ah so... very interesting. I hadn't thought of the potential difficulties. You pull it off admirably
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...