Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Crimson - "In The Court Of The Crimson King" turns 47 Today

On the 5.1 mix, it's the full version of Moonchild.
    - Blackwaterpark

A bit more info from SW:

From the Steven Wilson remixes page

King Crimson's seminal 1969 debut album In the Court of the Crimson King is being reissued on 25th October for its 50th anniversary.

For the occasion I took the opportunity to revisit the multitrack tapes to produce a new set of stereo and 5.1 remixes. But didn't I already do that 10 years ago? It's true, I originally worked on the album in 2009 as one of my first classic album remix projects, but I felt I wanted to have another attempt with the benefit of 10 years of experience.

The new version is not necessarily better, but it is more faithful to the original, and in addition this time I worked from higher resolution 96K files. This will also be the first time the album has been issued on blu-ray. There are 2 formats; a 3CD/Blu-Ray set, and a 2LP vinyl.

The first CD includes the new 2019 stereo, plus an instrumental version of this mix. CD2 includes various out-takes and alternate versions, many of which previously appeared on the 2009 edition, but which are now freshly mixed from the higher resolution files. Finally CD3 is the original 1969 mix plus some additional bonus material.

The Blu-ray includes the 1969, 2019, instrumental, and 5.1 mixes, along with much bonus material, all in high resolution. Meanwhile the 200gram 2LP vinyl edition includes the new mix on record one, and various alternate versions on record 2.

Note that all the material on this set will also feature on a forthcoming “Complete 1969 Sessions” box set, due some time in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by starless and bible black View Post
    A bit more info from SW:

From the Steven Wilson remixes page

King Crimson's seminal 1969 debut album In the Court of the Crimson King is being reissued on 25th October for its 50th anniversary.

For the occasion I took the opportunity to revisit the multitrack tapes to produce a new set of stereo and 5.1 remixes. But didn't I already do that 10 years ago? It's true, I originally worked on the album in 2009 as one of my first classic album remix projects, but I felt I wanted to have another attempt with the benefit of 10 years of experience.

The new version is not necessarily better, but it is more faithful to the original, and in addition this time I worked from higher resolution 96K files. This will also be the first time the album has been issued on blu-ray. There are 2 formats; a 3CD/Blu-Ray set, and a 2LP vinyl.

The first CD includes the new 2019 stereo, plus an instrumental version of this mix. CD2 includes various out-takes and alternate versions, many of which previously appeared on the 2009 edition, but which are now freshly mixed from the higher resolution files. Finally CD3 is the original 1969 mix plus some additional bonus material.

The Blu-ray includes the 1969, 2019, instrumental, and 5.1 mixes, along with much bonus material, all in high resolution. Meanwhile the 200gram 2LP vinyl edition includes the new mix on record one, and various alternate versions on record 2.

Note that all the material on this set will also feature on a forthcoming “Complete 1969 Sessions” box set, due some time in 2020.
    Thank you for this! It pushed me to order the package. Well, seeing the band last Thursday in Oakland may have helped too!