Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Led Zeppelin- The Song Remains The Same

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Too bad they couldn't hear each other half the time, so when they'd start jamming, it was basically three guys soloing, without any real cohesion in terms of playing together.
    Apart from Baker giving Bruce dog's abuse for having his amp too loud.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Too bad they couldn't hear each other half the time, so when they'd start jamming, it was basically three guys soloing, without any real cohesion in terms of playing together.
    I can't hear many place in their jams that didn't sound great, even if, often indeed, they were doing their own things.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Apart from Baker giving Bruce dog's abuse for having his amp too loud.
    Done via drumsticks flying in Jack's direction.

It's mostly Bruce who was playing too loud...

Remember the incident when both Clapton and Baker stopped playing (can"t remember the reason why), and Bruce kept on going for over 30 seconds, before finally noticing .
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I can't hear many place in their jams that didn't sound great, even if, often indeed, they were doing their own things.

Done via drumsticks flying in Jack's direction.

It's mostly Bruce who was playing too loud...

Remember the incident when both Clapton and Baker stopped playing (can"t remember the reason why), and Bruce kept on going for over 30 seconds, before finally noticing .
    I'm not sure who was louder than whom, but I know that was in the days before monitors so they probably wouldn't have been able to hear each other anyway. Eric Clapton said he actually lost his hearing for a time because of the volume level that they were playing at. I imagine Eric probably had to turn up his amps, if for no other reason, than to be heard over Jack.

I do remember that after they did that string of reunion concerts about 10 years ago, Ginge said he had no interest in letting Jack continue to deafen him. Of course, Ginge was also the guy who tried to get Harvey Bainbridge fired from Hawkwind (with the apparent intention of replacing him with Jack!), saying that he was "sacked by the world's worst bass player" as a result, so who knows whether you can trust anything he says.

Banned
    Rock And Roll is the best track on TSRTS, in my opinion.

Banned
    Btw, TSRTS is my fav Led Zep album cover