Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rush's 'Time Stand Still' documentary Heading to theaters for one night only

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    The first part of there career technique was the focus, after that it became feel and after that texture.....at least according to Geddy anyway.
    I'm not a musician, but what I read is that they went to putting song-writing at the front with Presto. For me, whatever they did up to and including Power Windows (maybe Hold Your Fire) was working! Still, I like Presto very much, over half of Roll The Bones, Counterparts and even Test for Echo. Vapor Trails was the best they have done since Power Windows with a steep decline with Snakes and Arrows and a good Clockwork Angels but with some of the magic gone.
    Last edited by yamishogun; 10-15-2016 at 09:12 PM.

I think you "Y" dudes are attempting to spiral yourselves out of your minds. Paralysis by analysis is always fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    I'm not a musician, but what I read is that they went to putting song-writing at the front with Presto. For me, whatever they did up to and including Power Windows (maybe Hold Your Fire) was working! Still, I like Presto very much, over half of Roll The Bones, Counterparts and even Test for Echo. Vapor Trails was the best they have done since Power Windows with a steep decline with Snakes and Arrows and a good Clockwork Angels but with some of the magic gone.
    Agree on Presto, very good album, especially the songwriting; overlooked gem in their catalogue. Also concur regarding the steep decline in quality of S+N/CA, have a hard time listening to those, and not only bc of the horrendous production.
    Last edited by Score2112; 10-16-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    Nobody said you had to buy any of it.
    Oh, I know! I was basically just mentioning the film is available to preorder, with some pretty uninteresting (to me) swag.

Quote Originally Posted by musicislife View Post
    I think you "Y" dudes are attempting to spiral yourselves out of your minds. Paralysis by analysis is always fun to watch.
    Best of both worlds. If I enjoy something I never let analysis get in the way but it still must be noted!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Oh, I know! I was basically just mentioning the film is available to preorder, with some pretty uninteresting (to me) swag.
    Truth be told, that stuff on the website isn't all that interesting to me either. (Though I suppose in some perverse way I wish it was.)

I'm probably getting this (The DVD) at some undetermined as yet independent.