Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Hackett-To tour 'new version' of Genesis revisited.

Steve Hackett-To tour 'new version' of Genesis revisited.

Looking forward to this!

Steve Hackett has announced a 2017 tour of the UK and Ireland, performing a new version of his Genesis Revisited show.Dates run during April and May, and see the guitarist playing songs from the band’s 1976 album Wind & Wuthering. He’ll also mix in Genesis tracks including The Musical Box, Inside & Out and Anyway.

Hackett says: “I'm excited to bring my latest show involving a new set of Genesis and Hackett numbers to the UK in 2017.”

He’ll be joined onstage by keyboardist Roger King, drummer and percussionist Gary O’Toole, saxophonist and flautist Rob Townsend, bassist Nick Beggs and vocalist Nad Sylvan.

Tickets go on sale from 10am on October 7 via MyTicket and from venue box offices.

Steve Hackett 2017 UK and Ireland tour dates

Apr 26: Dublin Vicar Street, Ireland
    Apr 28: Cardiff St David’s Hall, UK
    Apr 30: Reading Hexagon, UK
    May 01: Birmingham Symphony Hall, UK
    May 03: Sheffield City Hall, UK
    May 04: Bristol Colston Hall, UK
    May 05: Manchester Bridgewater Hall, UK
    May 07: Liverpool Philharmonic, UK
    May 08: Portsmouth Guildhall, UK
    May 10: Southend Cliffs Pavilion, UK
    May 11: Nottingham Royal Concert Hall, UK
    May 13: Oxford New Theatre, UK
    May 14: Cambridge Corn Exchange, UK
    May 16: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, UK
    May 17: Gateshead Sage, UK
    May 19: London Palladium, UK

Beggs is back, so I guess Stolt will be working on something else... interesting choices this time around... Inside And Out and Anyway!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Beggs is back, so I guess Stolt will be working on something else... interesting choices this time around... Inside And Out and Anyway!
    A Genesis revisited tour of 'ATOTT & W&W' would be sublime! Good to see Beggs back, maybe Stolt's going to be busy with Invention of Knowledge Part 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    A Genesis revisited tour of 'ATOTT & W&W' would be sublime! Good to see Beggs back, maybe Stolt's going to be busy with Invention of Knowledge Part 2 ?
    Stolt may be working on that on the side but early next year will be busy touring with Kaipa.

Sounds great, W&W is so underrated, some days I prefer it to ATOTT. And great to see Beggs back indeed. Lets get some US dates!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Sounds great, W&W is so underrated, some days I prefer it to ATOTT. And great to see Beggs back indeed. Lets get some US dates!
    He'll be on CTTE in February, so maybe he's planning US dates around that?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm hanging my hat on that scenario.....hope he comes to Atlanta again (a favorite stop when he does tour the US)

Good point. Was thinking he'd come here after the U.K., but with CTTE perhaps before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I never had any interests in his or any other rehash material. I've seen some Youtube clips and seeing Nad and Steve were wonderful but didn't care much for the whole idea. If I want to hear the songs, just put on an album. But I must say, hasn't this cow been squeezed to the last drop?
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    To be honest, I never had any interests in his or any other rehash material. I've seen some Youtube clips and seeing Nad and Steve were wonderful but didn't care much for the whole idea. If I want to hear the songs, just put on an album. But I must say, hasn't this cow been squeezed to the last drop?
    Well, Hackett has a right to earn a living just like The Rolling Bones, Da Ooo, Yes, Journey et al! Whilst fans still enjoy and support the nostalgia then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Maybe not for the folks who never got to see Genesis in concert, and would like to see one of the G-men performing some good renditions of their classic period. At least that's how I felt when I got to see him a couple years ago.

Nothing wrong with Steve playing Genesis of course. I'm just not sure that this qualifies as a "new version" of Genesis Revisited.
    He was already doing a fair bit of W&W on previous tours and
    He’ll also mix in Genesis tracks including The Musical Box, Inside & Out and Anyway
    - he also did The Musical Box already. I'm sure there'll be different songs in the set.
    I just feel like the PR department didn't do such an amazing job selling this as something new

Points taken with great respect.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Before anyone starts in on Hackett for milking this... good. I'm glad. Wind and Withering is one of my favs. Milk it. I will swim in the milk while I watch the obligatory DVD release.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

When I get tired of hearing it, I'll stop going to it! Nowhere near that yet!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

musicians play music

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I didn't have my browser window full screen, so PE adjusted the column width on the main page and it said "Steve Hackett-To tour 'new version' of Genesis".

hope he makes it to the west coast again don't think we got any wind and wuthering so would definitely appreciate it.

I don't besmirch Steve doing G revisited at all. He's in his late 60s, never made the coin the other guys made, will have to retire some day in the not too distant future. These tours are probably quite lucrative and I say God bless !

Hackett's one of those artists I never tire of seeing live, though his set lists were (for me - YMMV) stagnant throughout the 90s and early Oughts. If I never hear Camino Royale (or the 90s version of Los Endos) live again I'll die a happy camper. The Genesis material gives him a lot to expand on IMO. Saw him here in Phoenix this past May, and I'll gladly get in line to see him if he returns and brings Unquiet Slumbers/ITQE and Inside and Out along this go-around. (And FWIW I've always enjoyed Blood on the Rooftops as well.)
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

and he has a show in Buffalo on March 3rd, so I'm pretty sure we'll see a bunch of N.A. dates pop up soon.

In fact, his website states: "Following the Cruise Feb 7-11, Steve will also be playing various N American dates all to be arranged shortly. Watch This Space! "

"Anyway" is one of my faves. I'm in. Would've been in anyway (ahem), again.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    I thought I was the only person who felt that way. The remix of W&W is superb, perhaps the biggest improvement of the PC years. US dates [emoji106]

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I thought I was the only person who felt that way. The remix of W&W is superb, perhaps the biggest improvement of the PC years. US dates [emoji106]
    Right on...yes need those dates!

I have really enjoyed seeing Steve live over the years. The Genesis revisited shows have allowed him to play bigger shows and hopefully make a good buck. Love his music, I will see him anytime he comes to my area.